Thread: ANYBODY ELSE GETTING LOTS OF ERROR MESSAGES WITH PORT OGDEN

transam403 Guest

Default ANYBODY ELSE GETTING LOTS OF ERROR MESSAGES WITH PORT OGDEN

This is mainly for SNIPER, although if anybody else could help me it woud be GREATLY appreciated. I downloaded the Port Ogden route, and I run teh install.bat file just fine. After it is finished it says that all files were installed. but when I open the rouet it states " Can't find, can't open the following shape files, etc etc etc on these files...OEGsSusBr.s, OE_Bridge06, OEsecoff, OE_Factory, OEindBuild02, OEthirblock, OEIndBuild03, OEhseblock, OEsecblock, OE_House02. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it? I am anxiously waitig a reply so I can play this much anticipaed route. Thanks a million.

Turbo

LawrenceKellie Guest

Default RE: ANYBODY ELSE GETTING LOTS OF ERROR MESSAGES WITH PORT OGDEN

I got the same errors. My solution was to delete the route, although it did look promising.

Lawrence

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-01 AT 01:27PM (EST)[/font][p]
    Here are the solutions:

[Link Expired]

and read Port Ogden 2 :
    [Link Expired]

greetings Roland

Greetings from the Netherlands
    Visit Dutch MSTS and RailSimulator forum: http://forum.trainsimdatabase.com

Current version in the files library is version 2, no bugs or typ\*\*.*ing mistaches int the batch file. Explanation is in route forum. Download new version, send old to buggy route graveyard. Let me know how you do.

LawrenceKellie Guest

Both of your links point to the same thread. And I'm not going to try to filter through 33 messages to find a solution. :)

Lawrence

LawrenceKellie Guest

"Explanation in route forum." Explanation for what?

Since version 2 was just made available yesterday, I will give it another try.

Lawrence

I had lot's of error's when I tried to install over the previous version. I deleted the previous version's route directory and performed a clean reinstall of Ogden2. It worked without any problems.

Sam

Hi All:
    YEP!. I download this route and tried a simple run. Got error messages all over the place. Missing this or can't find that. Some popup messages I can see and some I can't see; but the mouse pointer just happened to be in the right place. Clicked continue Yes (to all of them) and it continued to run. A bit jerky at times but it still worked. Just like other's - DID I do something wrong in the install? Did I miss something? Followed the steps too install. The owner of this activity (Port Ogden) said this was a newer version? IT hasen't damaged my MSTS, so I can still run other routes and activities with no problem. As a sidebar - this route lookes great and I wish I can design something like this. Have been trying but no luck so far or nowhere near this example. I'm suprised at the items in this route and I wonder If I can do something like that.
    One comment I have that I'm confused about. When I did create a route and looked at the size of my files in my route; they are nowhere near the size of some of the other routes. One example is the Tsection.dat file. In my created route it is only 4k in size. In other routes this file is much bigger. Again did I miss something. DO I have to move other files from template or somewhere else to my new route to continue building it? I can create a consist to test it; but I can get it to run. It dosen't appear (my route in progress) in the MSTS route menu to test it. Again I must be doing something wrong.

There has to be an expert Train sim programmer who can make activities/routes/consists builder out there who can publish a better book than the Sybex or better than what Microsoft has to offer; so dummies like me can follow the detailed steps (examples) and create something worthwhile. Tell us what we have to get, what too install, what to merge, what too edit, show us detailed exapmles, so us newbies/dummies can contribute something to this sim. It's a bit hard to read all these threads and print this one or that and try and put them all together in a logical order. There has been enough material posted here (tips/tricks/fixes) to make a book. Like all newbies to this Train sim; I want to stay healthy, no gray hairs, no fustrations, no re-installing the sim, make it easy to use, and above all to have fun etc.. Somebody please do something about a new instruction(s) book.

Bman