Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telephone Booth

Default RE: Telephone Booth

Hey...where'd you find that switch? I've been using the MSTS stock lever-throw ones on my route, but all the prototypes look more or less like yours. Would like to switch, if possible (pun intended :+ ).

Charlie
    Newport, RI

Hey Charlie,
    It's just a scenery item - it doesn't actually work. I got it from Steve Thompson and his Sumpter Valley route I'm doing some work for. I don't know if he made it, but I suspect he did, probably a clone of a japaneese bush or sumut. I'll ask him.

Yep, it's a UP switch stand on a small bush, so it does have targets facing both directions. You never notice that though, as one is edge on all the time. Tim, feel free to send it to Charlie if he wants it.

Hey thanks, guys, but I think I'll pass. This steam era route I'm working on didn't have much in the way of signalling, so they relied heavily on the switch targets. I'd like to have ones that work. I really had my hopes up.

Maybe someday, when I get A LOT better at this, I'll try to convert the standard lever action switch to something that rotates.

Charlie
    Old Colony-Newport Branch
    Newport, RI

Hi,

Signalmaster has created a working switchstand. switchind.zip in the file library. Contact him if he can convert that one to something, you need.

Dick van den Hoven
    [Link Expired]

Paul, thanks for the phone booth. I've been using DarkestRose's privy buildings for phone booths, but now I have the real deal. Although, there might be something said for "convenience" of using a privy as a phone booth.
    [Link Expired]

Chuck, when I was a lad, and I saw these things along the SP lines in the Willamette Valley, I thought that they *were* privvies! There were, a couple years ago at least, a few still along the r-o-w covered in blackberries and grafitti.

That is a great screen, BTW! Excellently composed, a real piece of art!

Charlie
    If you go into the File library and punch Gary Sprandel in the search engine you'll find a pack of switch stands of all types I uploaded sometime back

Hi Paul,

Nice job with the telephone booth.

Question. What is the source of the flowers at the base of the phone booth in one of the screenshots?

Thanks,
    Bill Burnett

Hi Chuck,

Very impressive screenshot. I have saved it for use in my desktop wallpaper changer.

Bill Burnett