Thread: Just wondering

Default Just wondering

I was wondering if there are any UP routes around or are any being developed. its not much fun running UP trains on BNSF routes lol
    if not thats ok just wondering is all

Don Pottorff
    Long Live the Steam

Default RE: Just wondering

Slowly but surely I am working on UP's Pratt Subdivision from Dalhart, Texas to Pratt, Kansas. This is the old Cotton Rock line otherwise known as the Golden State Route. Nothing yet worth showing, it's mainly on the backburner until I get some of these Milwaukee Road routes down.

Austin S.
    [Link Expired]
    http://milwmsts.netfirms.com/

Orange Hoghead

Nah, we're all scared to work on UP stuff

;)

If your still scared you should read the thread in the MSTS forum there is a link to where to go If I know how to make anything in train sim I would have already filled out the form with Union Pacific but I understand if you dont frankly I dont see why one would have to just for a game but UP seems to be really picky.

Thanks guys
    Don Pottoff
    Long Live the Steam

No hurry there are plenty of other routes out there to run on and I still have yet to run the compleat SD&A and a few others I have.
    I just got the Ouray to Placerville but cant seem to get it to work.
    keeps telling me failed to build track data base but there was no installer that came with it so I doubt I will ever get to run and some of the Narrow Guage rolling stock showed errors when I loaded them as well

Don Pottorff
    Long Live the Steam

I'm currently working on the UP Clinton sub in Iowa. About 115 miles of dual track mainline and, with sidings and yards, over 400 miles of track down so far. Includes the branch into Cedar Rapids. I've stopped laying track for now and am working on placing scenery. There's a long way to go and I suspect that MSTS 2 will have arrived before This thing gets to a releasable state.

I would eventually like to take this route (probably as two separate routes) through the Clinton and Boone subs. That would carry it from Clinton on the Mississippi River to Omaha on the Missouri.

It's not going to be purely prototypical but I'm trying to get the track placement as close to the real thing as possible given the information I've been able to get off the net. If anyone out there lives along this route, perhaps you could provide me with some helpful data, especially where the yards are concerned.

Craig