Name of Route: Blue Mountains Route
Version and Release Date: v.1 Release date is : May 10, 2003

Description : The Blue Mountains route links Lithgow in the central west of New South Wales with Sydney on the coast. This implementation covers the section from Lithgow to Penrith in Sydney's west. The route rises some 1100m (3600 ft) above sea level.

Installation Method: Download available at TrainSim.com, Uktrainsim.com and Yuri's steam4me site (the latter two sites are multi-part zips).

Size of Download: 75meg

Size of Installed Route: Appox. 300meg

Fantasy, Prototypical, or Freelance Operations: Based on actual route, but not completely accurate.

Freight or Passenger: Both

Era or Genre: Present

Length of Mainline: 100 kms

Length of Branches: Total 5 kms

Number of Branches: 1

Number of Sidings: About 4

Number of Yards: 3, Penrith, Mount Victoria and Lithgow Diesel Loco. Engineering Works.

Mixture of Dual and Single Track: 5% single, 95% double.

Level of Trackside Detail: Signals, stations, platforms, gantries. Overall... somewhat high.

Amount of Scenery Completed: 85%

FPS Specs, with qualifiers: 1.6gAMD with a 64meg Geforce Ti4200 625meg of Ram, averages 18-45.

Activities Provided: Just a simple explore activity from each end of the route.

Non-Default Consists or Rolling Stock Required in Activities: No stock will be included in the package. Australian rolling stock may be downloaded from Yuri's site at http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me/trainsim/ - The only item needed for the activities is the Countrylink XPT package.

Add-In Track Sets: Needs X-Tracks - latest version 3.5

Tsection.dat file used: Standardized Tsection.dat, release 00017 or later

Payware or Freeware: Freeware

Where to Download: Available at TrainSim.com, Uktrainsim.com and Yuri's steam4me site (the latter two sites are multi-part zips).

Author: Mike Simpson

{edit by rr for clarity of download sites}