Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graintrain Activity Fault

compu Guest

Default Graintrain Activity Fault

Ive arrived at Meriwether to pick-up and drop off grain cars as detailed in the extra orders.

The local switcher, an A1 train, is not staying in the siding while I do my switching, this is causing it to run into my split train, and causing derailments.

Which then boots me out,because of a derailment.

I have tried a number of things, but the A1 will not stay put!

Is there a fix for this problem?

A frustrated Hogger.

Default RE: Graintrain Activity Fault

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-02 AT 09:09AM (EST)[/font][p]You could always delete the AI train or you could use a later start time for the AI train.

madamson Guest

Hi,

I was having the same problem but was not aware that the AI train that was out of my sight was the culprit. You saved me a lot of frustration.

Steve, the author is aware of this and will post a fix sometime on 2-26

Otherwise, this is a great activity

I didn't have a problem at Meriwether. (Now Piegan is another story!) Just make sure that you pull your cars clear of the AI siding before you cut your train in two. You should be able to do this, though it's sort of close.

The problem that you're running into is that when you cut cars off of your trains, the computers seems to forget that they're still on the tracks. I learned this when I didn't "cut" the crossing before starting my work at one of the earlier sidings. :)

Now if these detached cars are on a crossing, then you get to see the vehicles on a car spawner drive right through them without interacting like they're not even there! The trouble is, unlike the cars, trucks and the like, an AI train *will* interact when it tries to occupy the same track as your detached cars. :(

Take care,

Henry

just pull your train up until the last car clears the switcher..it will then leave town..now if anybody can get me into cutbank without breaking couplers it would be helpful..

>Ive arrived at Meriwether to pick-up
    >and drop off grain cars
    >as detailed in the extra
    >orders.
    >
    >The local switcher, an A1 train,
    >is not staying in the
    >siding while I do my
    >switching, this is causing it
    >to run into my split
    >train, and causing derailments.
    >Is there a fix for this
    >problem?
    >
    I'm sorry, this is a bug in the activity I designed. I fixed it, but forgot the repackage the activity after I did the fix!

I've uploaded a new version, "Version 1.1", as soon as Nels checks it out and posts it you'll be able to download the fixed version.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused people!

--Steve Davis

>if anybody can get me
    >into cutbank without breaking couplers
    >it would be helpful..
    There have been many suggested fixes for this Cutbank broken coupler problem posted on this forum. I don't know for certain which ones work best, but, if you save the .wag and .eng files I sent with the activity to the \Dash9, \SD40, \GP38 and \US2GRAINCAR folders (in \trains\trainset) you won't have this problem (they have admittedly unrealistically strong couplers). But they also incorporate Scott Borchardt's Physics 3.1 updates and with a train full of cars all with the update, setting and releasing brakes becomes a much more interesting and prototypical experience!

Happy railroading!

:-) Steve Davis

thanks for the tip tulsa!! i copied the files as you said ..i'll let you know when i get out of cutbank..dh2

I can't even get as far as Meriwether. East of Belton, I was running on an Approach signal on the single-track main. As I was preparing to stop at the red intermediate signal ahead, BAM! I collided with an AI train at 28 mph. So much for all that grain....

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-02 AT 11:50AM (EST)[/font][p]Then I guess I must be doing something wrong. :)

I just finished up in Shelby last night and had a fairly pleasant run. The only place I had any real difficuly was at Piegan <sp> where I had to weld the couplers together to get through.

Thanks, Steve, for an enjoyable activity!

Henry