Thread: Resaving activities in Editor????

Default Resaving activities in Editor????

I have alot of Player sevices out of date for the NEC2.Message says Please resave this activity to update.I have tried everything to resave but nothing works.What do you have to do,I try hitting Save that does not seem to work.Do you hit Save as or Compute and save??? If someone has the answer could they please explain how to do this.I bought the activity tutoriol by Rick Garber but I see nothing about (resaving) an act. Thanks

kevarc Guest

Default RE: Resaving activities in Editor????

What is happening is these activities where done on the defaule NEC. Some of these will work without doing anything. But what I do is open them in the AE and then save. On some of them you have to click on the schedual/timetable on the middle right window to recalculate the timetable and then save. this should do it. Now from what I have heard from others that some activities with alot of industrial switching might not work. I think these are at the NEC Freight website as I have had no problems with the one here including the new NEC uploaded here on the 19th or 20th.

Kevin Arceneaux

I have experienced the same problem with number of activity/services on the NEC2.0 They are: Morning in MD (player svc out-of-date); Night Owl (Svc 180 ood); NEC Delay Day (Svc Wash-Philly ood); April Showers (Svc 196 ood); Amtrak 2114 (Svcs 2114-6/7/8 all ood). I've tried saving, compute and saving, re-calculate timetables and saving (both ways) and even changing the start time a few minutes and saving (both ways). Nothing works.

I'm also looking for some other ideas if there are any out there

I think that it has problems with syncing the path between the original NEC and NEC2. Basically, I've found that any activities I created for the NEC won't work in v2. The track and signal information is completely different, and I had to re-do the paths, including the AI ones. After some trial-and-error, I discovered that it's safer to work on a copy of the original activity.

I'm rebuilding holiday 142, along with "Ah, Nostalgia (north and south) for NEC 2. In the works: "Oh, NO!" Only for those of us who remember the PRR holiday extras they'd run.

Derek

Denny Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-03-02 AT 10:38AM (EDT)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-03-02 AT 10:34 AM (EDT)[/font]

Hi all,
    With the NEC route in particular, a number of route updates are being born, including the NEC update being worked on by my cohort at NEC Track Team, Vince Cockeram.
    I decided some time ago to always release activities in 2 versions. The latest version going, in the NEC's case, version 2 and also for the original version 1.
    Interestingly, I had posted a question 3 or 4 months ago asking which version of the NEC people liked. Almost overwhelmingly folks voiced their ayes for ver 2 over the default version.
    At the last minute I decided to release "2 Way Street" in both versions.
    And here's the surprise: The download numbers here at train-sim show that the original has outdone the ver 2 model.
    My personal goal is to make the activities available to as many people as I can. Thats why I'm going to continue to release any future activities in the updated and original versions.
    BTW, I'm just now sending 2 linked activities for Marias (version 1 & 3) to my beta testers. Look for them in a couple of weeks.
    Regards,
    Denny
    http://hometown.aol.com/nectrackteam/main.html
    [Link Expired]

Denny, how do you get your two versions of the NEC to display differently in MSTS? I wouldn't mind making the two versions of my activities, either.

Derek

Denny Guest

Hi derek,
    I have my machine that I had when MSTS came out last year loaded with NECv1. My newer hotrod has NECv2. When Vinny's V4 comes out I'll load that on the hotrod too, cause vinny's will be a stand-alone and wont overwrite any route.
    Regards,
    Denny
    [Link Expired]

whraven Guest

What, exactly, do you mean when you say saving doesn't work? Are you getting error messages? If so, I may have had the same problem. Some of the services and a couple of the activities would give me an error message that it couldn't be written. It turns out that at least one of the add-on NEC activites were packed with the "Read-Only" attribute set. I used the DOS command line and the ATTRIB command to make sure all were writeable, and saved without further problem.

This is an interesting thread as I have had to resave some of the original activities before they would run on NEC2, but have never had a problem getting them to save in the AE. I just open the activity, click on the File Menu, click on Save and it resaves the activity.

I also have run all the original NEC activities on v2 without any problem other than the occasional resaving of the activity. I ran all the NEC Track Team activites on v2 without any problem nor did I get the out of date message.

And Denny, I can hardly wait for NEC4 and your MP activities. I know they will be like everything else your crew has done - absolutely outstanding.

Ken
    Moving America one virtual train at a time.

Denny Guest

Ken,
    Thanks very much. We appreciate that. By the end of this week or the start of next week I'll be opening our new website. Very excited about it. Using MS Frontpage. Somewhat daunting for me but its coming together.
    Some neat new things will be there!
    Regards,
    Denny
    [Link Expired]