Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Option to print waybills?

Williamston, Michigan, United States of America.

Default Option to print waybills?

Hi all,

Something that I just thought of that might be a nice thing to have is an option to print out waybills.
    For example, I would like to be able to print out a waybill order that shows me what cars have to be dropped off and what siding or track. The reason that I say this is because when you hit F11 for your work orders, you always have to go there and read what you have to do and what cars to be picked up/dropped off. Is there a way to make it so that you can print out the orders instead of having to alwys pause the game by hitting the "Escape" key? I would like to add more realism by having a printed sheet in front of me, that way I don't have to pause the simulation every time I want to know what I need to do next!

Has anyone else given this idea any thought?

-Tim Lewis

Default RE: Option to print waybills?

That's a nice idea! Currently I'm developing a new version of the RaWoWin utility. Should be not too complicated to add the functionality. Hmm, I have to think more about the how to.. I don't know the layout of such a waybill. Does someone know how it should look? A real world example, a link or so will help.
    Thanks & bye

Please excuse my ignorance, but what the heck is the RaWoWin Utility? I have never heard of that. What exactly is it?
    Please enlighten me! Thanks!

-Tim Lewis

No, it's no ignorance to ask! It is ignorant not to answer. RaWoWin is a tool for switching freaks like me. The original name was RaWoOrGe. This is a abbreviation for RAndom WOrk ORder GEnerator. If you want to know more about download RaWoWin at the files library. Do a search there for rawo*.* The Port Ogden & Northern routes V4 and/or V5 is a requirement if you want to run RaWoWin. It is also possible to run Marias Pass 3.0 with RaWoWin but in this case I have to send you a few additional files. When you visit my temporary website you'll find some more info. The site is more focused to the new RaWoWin version. http://communities.msn.com/RaWoWinfo...owinstart.msnw Anyway, have a look at! (Hmm, I still don't know how a waybill looks..)
    Thanks and bye!

Maybe what we should do is to do a search on the web to see if a picture of a real waybill exists? Is there anyone on the list thatt can help us out here?
    Thank you for letting me know what that utility is. It does sound like it has potential for TS. I will definitely take a look at it and see what it does exactly!

Thanks for enlightening me! Now I know! :)

-Tim Lewis

Tim, I would really appreciate a little help to find out more about the waybill. As English is a foreign language to me searching the web on english sites eats considerable more time as it does when I do a german language search. Post your findings here or drop me an email. That would be great!
    Thanks and bye

I will see what I can do and will post my results here. Thanks for letting me know. Glad you said something! :)

-Tim Lewis

How about a printout for Consists? And engines? And other cars? Having ConBuilder there now is ssoooooooooooo close. But no cigar.

Ted B

The idea you suggest is exactly what I would like to see done. Instead of wasting valuable screen space for reading the activities and consist, etc, I think the option I would want better is to print out the consist and where each car is to be dropped or picked up. I would prefer to read all the information on paper, rather than press F11 and read it on the screen.
    That is my goal anyway. It would be nice to have that option.

I will have to look at ConBuilder and see what it does, I have not looked at it. Thanks for the "head's up" about Conbuilder.

-Tim Lewis

Yes, a good idea! A printout as a list is not so complicated. The problem is the graphics file format. JPG, Gif packed or not, this and that, no problem. What is that damned Ace format!? It has to be vodoo, black magic or so. I could' not find any information about structure, how to decode and things like that. This kind of stuff is a little to though for a MSTS freak and part time hobby programmer like me. Sorry, I'm really sorry about!
    Thanks and bye