Thread: passenger loading times

mrawek Guest

Default passenger loading times

Hi

In the activity editor its possible to change the passengers waiting at a station with a right click on the platform symbol.

I use this feature to slow down AI trains so they are approximately on a real world schedule.

First I used an own short version of the Series 7000 Train. Now I changed the activity to a slightly smaller train, which has to wait way longer with the same number of passengers waiting.

I checked the .wag, .eng and .con files to find out, where MSTS is taking passenger capacity from. There is no parameter defining this. Unfortunately my train has only one carriage and two engines. The second engine is not an engine in real world but a carriage with a cab. But since it has to be defined as an engine, I fear it's not counted as well as the engine, which also carries passengers.

The series 7000 train also have engines with passenger seats. Therefore I have still a little hope passenger capacity is not calculated by number of carriages in a train.

Has someone any idea on this or experience?

Looking forward to your answers

Dan

MJD Guest

Default RE: passenger loading times

You will have to alter the .eng file of the unit to include the line
    PassengerCapacity ( 40.0 )

Where the number is the total number of passengers. Hope this helps.

Mike.

mrawek Guest

Hi Mike

that's exactly what I searched for. Unfortunately that means I have to change all .eng and .wag myself, because those rolling stock designer just don't care for this.

Did you find that in the .wag reference file from Microsoft?

Thanks a lot

Dan

P.S. If there's an interest for the modified .wag files for the SBB Re450 Commuter Train, I can upload them here. Please drop me a note.

I think there's also an Activity editor, where you can change the times manually...

Greetings,
    Roni

http://ronaldus.com/asmallworld
    http://ronaldus.com/asmallworld/pic/logo1.gif

mrawek Guest

>I think there's also an Activity
    >editor, where you can change
    >the times manually...
    >
    >Greetings,
    >Roni

You probably mean Activity Changer by Torben Spiegler.

http://msts.Juliane-und-Torben.de

With this program you can change the arrival and departure times of the trains, that's true. The AI trains however, will always go as fast as possible, regardless of any departure times in the schedule. Therefore I force them to stay in station by adding passengers to the platform.

The passenger capacity is not specified in the standard MSTS train Series7000. I guess when it's missing, the train.exe just counts the wag files for an assumption.

Dan

It IS possible to change the speed of AI trains by reducing the "Performance" level (usually set at 75%) in the Activity editor for that particular traffic service. I do it all the time to simulate AI trains doing switching chores off to the side.

It does take some expirementation to get it the way you want it though

Longhairedwizard

You can alter them by right clicking on the platform in the activity editor and selecting "properties". Then you can change the number of passengers. This is platform specific, not train-specific, so if an AI train and regular train stop at the same platform, they'll load the same number of passengers and take the same amount of time.

I used this feature to make Holiday 142 more difficult; it takes longer to load the train, but the schedule does not change.

Hope this helps,

Derek

mrawek Guest

>....
    is platform specific, not train-specific,
    >so if an AI train
    >and regular train stop at
    >the same platform, they'll load
    >the same number of passengers
    >and take the same amount
    >of time.
    >

Hi Derek

that's exactly what I did too, but with different trains. So you get different stopping times. Especially if you have a very short train of an engine, and one or two carriages, you will notice a great difference (e.g. from 2 minutes for 100 pax to 12 minutes)
    Especially commuter train engines which can carry passengers need the passengercapacity parameter in the eng file to load passengers at all. If you have a carriage with cab, defined as an engine to make it drivable in MSTS you need a paxcap param too.

Dan

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-17-02 AT 00:46AM (EDT)[/font][p]Well I got one question. I added the line PassengerCapacity ( 48 ) to each .wag file of the cars in my consist. It's just the engine and 5 cars. Unless my math is way off that should be 200 passengers total for the whole train. Ok? Now, I also went into RE and changed the number of passengers per platform and changed the loading times. Why is it that at some platforms I have 30 seconds of loading time? I changed those time to at least 3-4 min. 50 people cannot possibly enter the train in 30 seconds! By the way did I mention this is happening on the NEC? Did i do something wrong? I'm not going to ask if the RE is farked cause I know the answer to that one!
    Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Bill [Link Expired]