Thread: Problem with A.I. Traffic on KHP

Default Problem with A.I. Traffic on KHP

I'm creating an activity where you take a train east from Field past Banff. But the problem is that when my train beats the A.I. train to the Partridge siding the A.I train stops short of the switch blocking the track so neither train can make any head way. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks

HighGuard

tsharaldh Guest

Default RE: Problem with A.I. Traffic on KHP

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-31-02 AT 11:55AM (EDT)[/font][p]Hi!

I have almost finished such an activity myself.

When I put that starting point for the path eastwards, the editor used the left track at Partridge (and some other left tracks too!)

I wanted to use right hand traffic, so I changed the path in those cases.

When I tested my activity without any AI trains, I noticed that the right track at Partridge was in fact a siding! And: I got some yellow signals before reaching that right track - there were green signals again back on the main track!

Testing the activity with an AI train waiting at Partridge gave me the same problem as you mentioned: the AI train stopped too late thus blocking the way for "my" train!

Itīs just a question and I havenīt tested it: if using the opposite (letting the AI train use the siding at Partridge and my train going east up the pass on the left track) would that solve the problem?

How were you using those tracks?

Haraldh F

seern Guest

Gary Gagnon is doing some work with the signals on KHP. One thing he wrote recently points to this problem if the AI train spawn less than two absolute blocks before the meet. I have not tested this out yet, but I know from prior tests I have run that if its less then 2 blocks you will always get the fouled switch.

Sharon Evans

I am stoping my train on the siding for a westbound intermodal to pass by.

Sharon
    Thanks! That was the problem, everything is working now :-)

HighGuard