Thread: help with Traffic Patterns

Default help with Traffic Patterns

Ok i have a passenger Activity for Marias Pass(original) in which the train goes up to Essex stopping at most of the stations along the way. I can load up at Whitefish platform and get to Conkelly, but the signal at Conkelly is stuck on stop. I have a train coming down from belton but refuses to wait at coram. How can i fix this short of removing traffic train that is causing the problem?

Denny Guest

Default RE: help with Traffic Patterns

Have you tried starting the AI later (time) or farther back?

Does the AI actually pass you as your stopped? Using a popup from a dispatcher saying your going to be stopped for such and such a freight
    may be interesting if your unable to alter the AI.

Also using a static AI behind a signal as you go by will not affect your signals.

This choreographing AI/Player traffic can be a true head scratcher!

Regards,
    Denny
    [email protected]
    http://hometown.aol.com/nectrackteam/main.html
    [Link Expired]

yes it started at 0930 at Shelby and i'm reaching Conkelly at 1220 to 1230. its a passenger run so i have to be on time as much as possible but it forces me to wait until the time i have reach the next station has passed. This is a Passenger run up Marias Pass but the AI does not let me travel to Coram to pass it. Static AI behind a signal????????
    other than that and popup trouble, the main trouble is that i'm not sure if i should use my newly created Genesis engine and superliners as i am using 2 gp38s and 7 prrr coaches as the consist. with the Genesis have you got it working on your game packs?, cause all i did to change it to a player driveable engine was to change its type to a dieasl engine and add HHp-8 cabview and sound in the engine file.

Denny Guest

Static AI behind a signal????????

Instead of using moving AI traffic if it is causing a problem for the player consist, try this.
    Delete the moving AI traffic.
    Find a spot where you think you want the AI/player "meet" to occur. Find the closest signal that faces the direction in which the AI will be traveling and place a static freight consist sitting so it looks like IT has a red signal and is waiting for you to pass through.
    1. Placing a "static" consist has no affect on signalling for the player train.
    2. Using a "static" consist will actually be more visually appealing because the player will be going be it slower or so it will seem.
    3. You can add to this by putting "static" consists at several signals in line as though your "express" passenger train were backing traffic up. I did this in a NEC passenger activity called "Train178".
    If you need any help with "placing static consists" email me and I'll run through it.
    Regards,
    Denny
    [email protected]
    http://hometown.aol.com/nectrackteam/main.html
    [Link Expired]

that might work i'll give it a burl tonight thanx.