Thread: Steamer without fuel in activities?!

Default Steamer without fuel in activities?!

Hi all,

posted about this problem last weekend already, but did not get any replies.

Having downloaded the Big Boy, I copied and modified one of the default activities for MP 3.0 so that I would be driving a consist with the Big Boy pulling fifty-some reefers and a caboose.

However, when I launched this activity and popped up the F5 HUD display I noticed that the water and coal levels were given as 0%. I never had this happen with any other activity where I would be driving a steamer. I did not set the initial coal and water levels below 100% in the activity editor either.

Strangely, when I take the Big Boy in Explore mode I do have 100% coal and water, just as it should be.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Frin63 Guest

Default RE: Steamer without fuel in activities?!

The only thing I can think of is that water and coal are already set to 0% in the original activity. If this activity was for a diesel loc it wouldn't have needed this commodities in the first place... So check the activity again and set them to 100% I'd say...

I have had the same problem, but in a custom activitiy and the fuel level where definetly set to 100% in the activity editor, but were O% when I played the activity.

LHW

I just deleted the activity in question and rebuilt it from scratch. Same result - zero coal and water :-( . I then temporarily changed the water and coal levels to 99% to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't.

I'm sure this is unlikely, but could it be that it might have something to do with the presence (or absence) of watering and coaling facilities on a given route? Just an idea, though.

[Link Expired]

Seems like this may be a result of the BB being made up of two units, see the thread above.. we're waiting for some good news :-) jv