Thread: my first cab.

Kuchinator Guest

Default my first cab.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-01 AT 09:42PM (EST)[/font][p]well this is my first cab i made, its a highly modified acela cab for chris longhurst's ns regiorunner train i reskinned and coverted to diesel. here are some pics of the cab and the train, would appreciate any suggestions or comments. thanks.
    [Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

its actually supposed to be nuclear powered, and has a top speed of around 640mph.

[Link Expired]

Default RE: my first cab.

I like i like!!

640mph...hope you have a nice LONG and EXTREMELY gentle curves for the route to run this sucker on, hehe.

Catch'ya

Brian E. Bundridge
    Lexington Pacific Model RR Club
    BNSF Scenic Subdivision MP 1.77
    Seattle, Washington
    Brian Bundridge
    TrainSim.com Moderator

Kuchinator Guest

glad you like it. i was able to get it up to around 640mph on the test track route. then it derailed. on the NEC the fastest i got it to was around 410 on that 1 long stretch of almost straight track somewhere between baltimore and wilmington. but then when i hit a rather mild curve it derailed. the acceleration is like a F-16 with full afterburner on a takeoff roll. 0-180mph in about 12 seconds. i think i tweaked the eng file a bit too much in that area. but i love it. and on the cab. im thinking of making the MFD's backround a greenish color instead of black with bright green lettering, like in some airplanes with the "older" MFD's. i put 5 decimal places on the speedometers just for a unique touch, i also like accuracy. overall it took me about a total of 14 hours work to get the cab perfect and about 36 hours to reskin the ns regiorunner till i was satisfied with it using PSP7 and PS6.
    [Link Expired]

SD40T_2 Guest

turn derail off and run it at full speed up marias. hehe