Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 710 engines

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Default RE: 710 engines

Look forward to hearing it if and when you release it!

[email protected]

please send them

These sounds are not on the market you. I am only sending them to those who are going to attempt the .SMS files. All others, chill.

Erick, I tried that email and got a no-go.
    John Means

Try e.cantu%onlinesimulationsolutions.com, though I just sent a mail to my greatnorthrails.com account, and it was received just fine. :)

well I did send you a mail explainin I would do it

kinda going way back to the original post, the only thing that sounds the same between a 645 and a 710, is the turbo, and idle and full throttle ranges. Everything else is very different, as different as a 567 and a 645 prime-mover. I mean we're talking about 65 cu. in more of cylinders here *per cylinder. while that's not much, that's like comparing a Ford Mustang, with a Dodge Viper. Ok not really, for sound, comparing a Viper and a Mustang, is like comparing an EMD and a GE. but anyways getting back on subject, the two engines don't sound alike. sorry.

The turbos sound nothing alike between a 645 and 710 - and as with all EMD engines the pitch envelope and generator sounds are basically the same.

Not that I'd know, having done all 3 generations in various incarnations! :+

This just isn't fair. I spend months looking for 710 sounds in order to make a sound pack, or at least make it for someone else like this, and now this guy isn't answering my e-mails.

Now I have to wait for someone to make an SMS just to rewrite it anyway for myself.

Okay, dude, here's how it goes. I recorded the sounds. They're mine, my property. I am not going to send them to you simply because you want them. You have to wait just like everyone else. Erick is working on the SMS files for me, which I am very greatful for, but right now, he is the only one who can have them. The sound pack will be released, sounds and all, when it's done. Sit down, chill out, wait a few more days, and it will be ready.
    John Means

Well I wasn't asking for you to just give them to me, but for a chance to make my own SMS.

but ok, forget it

p.s. When you release it, will I be alowed to make the SMS then for my own use?