Thread: PCC MBTA REPAINT

Default PCC MBTA REPAINT

Those of you that have Matt's PCC Car and enjoy the Boston Transit Scene will need these repaints into the orange and cream MBTA colors with a third left side door. The ACE file are available now at TrainSim.Com

Engineer1008

Default RE: PCC MBTA REPAINT

Thanks for making this available. I loaded it up last night and looks terrific.

Al

Very nice, I'm d/ling them now. Thanks for the effort, they look great.

Cheers,
    Matt A
    Posting here since July 2002. I've had fun!

I downloaded this model and I have to say that it is very nice and it is nice to see the old MTA paint scheme. It has also inspired me to contemplate building a route again. I had decided to leave route building to others after a few aborted attempts. But after seeing this PCC and how it looks, well, I figured I might try a six or seven mile surface route based on Boston's B-line or D-line.

I think the D-line would be an easier build but the B-line might be more interesting. Who knows, it's all just idle speculation at this point. The D-line is fairly flat route, hevily tree lined in most places and the Japanese gantries could easily pass for the MBTA gantries in a pinch. The biggest problem, from my point of view, would be the signage.

Anyway, it's a great model and I love running it.

NYNE

Just so you know, I'm also working on an MBTA route. It's going to cover the whole Green Line system, though, including the former A line as well as the E Arborway line. I started at Lechmere and am slowly progressing along, I'd be moving faster if I didn't have to create all kinds of shapes for the 'el' and viaduct. Here's a screenshot of three of my own repainted PCCs on the line. Note that I'm having a bit of trouble getting that 'el' section to properly interface with the track that should be sitting on top of it. In due time there'll be LRVs to run on this route too.

Alex Stroshane

http://www.trainweb.org/asamtrak911/smbanner.jpg
    Amtrak Prototype & Model
    Photos, Train Gifs, and more!
    http://www.trainweb.org/asamtrak911

That's great news. I won't have to overtax my addled little mind trying to figure out the Route Editor. Your cars look great, by the way, and I like the layout of Lechmere. I recently moved, but up until August I drove by there every day.

Are you considering the extension of the line through Somerville? The real MBTA is allegedly going to run it up along side the commuter rail tracks through Somerville and possibly Medford Square.

Anyway, great looking work, good luck with the technical details.

NYNE