Thread: What a few weeks for MSTS traction fans!

Default What a few weeks for MSTS traction fans!

Well I'm as happy as a dog with two tails! The terrific traction stuff uploaded in the last few weeks is enough to make a traction fan jump with excitement.

First there was Tim's Brill semiconvertable, with the fine help from the Port City group; what a beauty,
    [Link Expired]

Then Wayne shared his awesome L&PS car. My crappy videocard doesn't do justice to this car, which has the nicest interior view I've ever seen...
    [Link Expired]

Then I found this one in the library. It is a Spanish model of a generic Brill heavyweight interurban. It has a beaut cab, and nice sounds too, and if a pole-equipped version was possible, the repaints would be nearly endless. Nice doors too!
    [Link Expired]

Now I'm getting the PCC skins, which are the icing on the cake!

Thanks to all involved, you've made my week!

Cheers,
    Matt A

Posting here since July 2002. I've had fun!

Default RE: What a few weeks for MSTS traction fans!

You're right - this has been a great few weeks.

Al

But Matt, you left out one important contributor in that list. But hey, you're not one to blow your own trumpet. But without your help way back in June, I could never've gotten the Brill out to John Q. Public the way I wanted to. And I feel you're one of the driving factors for the succesees of MSTS Traction to begin with. You're one of the pioneers, my friend, and you got me hooked with that Cinncinatti curvesider and Milwaukee 1100 way back when!

Thanks a heap! :-)

Tim

I am going to put in a plug for my favorite unsung hero - Chuck Zeiler. His work doesn't show up in the screen photos that we all post, but my models would be nothing in the game without the incredible sound files that Chuck so generously provides.

Thanks Chuck!

Wayne

Here,Here!!!

Thanks Chuck!

TM

Thanks Tim for your kind words. I'm delighted to see that the MSTS traction scene has come such a long way, in fact I nearly cringe to look at the 1100 now. I'm in the process of giving it a revamp to bring it up to date, and the curvesider will also get a once-over. The Mesaba Electric car is nearly done, and I'm trying out some new interior textures to give it a better look. The beauty of MSTS is the fact that we 3rd party people can make what we want! I too add my vote of thanks to Chuck for his terrific sounds, along with Paul and Bill for going above and beyond to help me and ther other guys.

I forgot to mention, Tim's Yakima Valley steeplecab is next on my list of new cars; I just have to make a consist so I can fire it up in the sim. Thanks gents, you've raised the traction bar to dizzy heights.

Cheers,
    Matt A
    Posting here since July 2002. I've had fun!