Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toronto's PCC #4001 has been uploaded

Default Toronto's PCC #4001 has been uploaded

Look for this early model air-electric PCC in the file library. The textures have been completely worked over since the last flurry of PCC postings so I hope you enjoy this model. Thanks also goes out to Boston's own Matt Harter who constructed the 3D PCC models and original textures, many of which are still included in the model. Other types of Toronto PCCs will be available later.

Frederick Dreany

Default RE: Toronto's PCC #4001 has been uploaded

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D The more Toronto, the better!

Looks really nice Frederick!

Dan

WOW. looks great. Thanks.

Al

Thanks for the nice comments Dan. Toronto's 4400 all-electric MU PCC will be next and is ready to be uploaded. You'll see this within a few days in the file library here on TrainSim.Com.

Frederick Dreany

Thanks, Al.
    While you're waiting, here's another shot of all-electric PCC #4400 in action, perhaps bringing Toronto residents downtown to do their holiday shopping. By the way, Anyone in Canada working on a Toronto layout?

Frederick Dreany

By the way, Anyone in
    >Canada working on a Toronto layout?
    >
    >Frederick Dreany

Keep your eyes peeled for info on this question !!!

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Frederick,

Great job on the PCC, but I especially like what you've achieved with the truck and coupler textures. I had been trying to do something like that for my MBTA reskins, but never quite got the colors I was looking for. Yours has that perfect grimy, dirty appearance - mind if I use that (with credit) in my repaints? That might be all I really need before uploading the MBTA cars that I have so far.

Alex Stroshane

http://www.trainweb.org/asamtrak911/smbanner.jpg
    Amtrak Prototype & Model
    Photos, Train Gifs, and more!
    http://www.trainweb.org/asamtrak911

That is a fine looking PCC, there are never enough paint schemes!

Matt

Alex:
    You might have noticed that I have varied the color of my PCC undercarriages from a muddy brown to grey to something in between as well. Toronto painted theirs grey and of course street grime added a few tones on top of that. Sure, you can give me credit in your readme file. I never mind a bit of recognition now and then. Of course, don't forget Matt Harter without whom all of these PCCs would not exist in MSTS. I must admit that my original postings of Boston, Toronto and Philly cars contained a lot of visual errors and I'm planning to reissue them with the changes you now see in these Toronto cars, but that will take some time. But, the more repaints the better. Love to also see an authentic Boston, Toronto, or Philly route to run these on. Your comments are appreciated and I thank you for them.

Frederick Dreany

Thanks, Matt:
    ...Or enough PCC variations. There was one more type of PCC that I was able to make from your excellent basic 3D carbody and that is PCC#4750, one of the Kansas City models that were purchased from that city by Toronto. The ex-Kansas City cars were the only all-electrics without standee windows and I think they were particularly attractive. Unlike our MSTS model, The real Kansas City cars did not have couplers and I hope we'll be forgiven for that. It's alrady been uploaded, so look for it in the file library and "Happy Holidays" to all you PCC enthusiasts.

Frederick Dreany