Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New York, Westchester & Boston

Reply #8 Shows NYW&B #701 "whirring through Mount Vernon junction with a short local." Can anyone tell me what MSTS route this screen shot is from? I grew up in the area and almost daily rode the portion of this line that became the Dyer Avenue subway in the Bronx. I apologize for replying to an old post, but I would like know where I can get this route.

Fred

Hi Fred,

My guess (and it's only a guess) would be the CUT route (beta). I've used it often for NYNH&H screen shots, it has that look and feel. just search for "Cleveland Union Terminal Route" in the file library.

Thanks for the info Rick. With a little imagination it could be the NYW&B.
    Fred

There was actually an NYW&B route that was a WIP at the time that screenshot was made, and maybe for another year after that. My possibly faulty memory is that Hank, himself, was working on it - the custom semaphores would tend to suggest that this was the case - and I don't remember why he stopped. There were several promising efforts, back then, that stopped because MSTS couldn't digest them. Since then, OR has come along, and I hope this means that some of those exceptional efforts (especially this one and CUT) will be revived.