Thread: First try at posting screen shots

Default First try at posting screen shots

If I can get it to upload, here's a screenshot of the 3DTS Black Widow F7's (One of the F7Pro sets) on Mark Divecchio's rendition of the Goat Canyon Trestle from SD&A,v1.1
    de N4JNM former KC6YJN
    JOhn Oldrailfan - Railfan means anything on rails! Trains Trolleys Rollercoasters - you name it.

Default RE: First try at posting screen shots

Nice shot...If I were part of the crew however, I would be *walking* behind until the units crossed - that bridge looks a wee bit spindly for the likes of F's. :)

Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains
    http://www.3dtrains.com

[link:www.3dtrains.com/products/fpro.shtml|http://www.3dtrains.com/images/pro_funit_atsfmain.jpg]

Pro Series Super Packs
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Eeeeooo! Wish that bridge were available as a kit... I could use it in the Rockies on the Silver Creek & Northern route!

Andre Ming

Before that line was "embargoed" by collapsed tunnels and burned bridges in the '80s, SD&AE (Guilford?) ran as heavy as GP38's over it! In the days of steam, SD&A ran Heavy Consolidations, and EsPee, after they took it over as SD&AE, ran 2300class Ten-wheelers over. I think any of those are heavier than F7's
    Robert Hanft, in his book "The Impossible Railroad," has photos of Black Widow F7's at Campo Westbound, so I asssume they had run up from El Centro.(Over that bridge)
    One item: Crossing that bridge was always at restricted speed, from the day it was built.
    FYI.

de N4JNM former KC6YJN
    JOhn Oldrailfan - Railfan means anything on rails! Trains Trolleys Rollercoasters - you name it.

Thanks for the info, John. A tribute to the engineers who designed that bridge. :)

However, I still would rather *walk* behind the set. I doubt my stomach could handle the eebie-geebies of a ride-across. :P

Edit: BTW John, it's 3DT (3DTrains), and not 3DTS (3D Train Stuff).

FYI ;)

Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - "No Stuff, just Trains" ;)
    http://www.3dtrains.com

[link:www.3dtrains.com/products/fpro.shtml|http://www.3dtrains.com/images/pro_funit_atsfmain.jpg]

Pro Series Super Packs
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Ah,well - that's nothing new, I do a good job in Chat Rooms, BBS's, and Forums (I still feel more comfortable with Fora)of making self-imposed footprints on my tongue. Or did you recently change names? Or is someone else 3DTS?

Several things about that bridge: It is supposedly the highest wooden trestle in the world. (and definitely in North America) Before anyone jumps in, I said HIGHEST, not longest, and I said wooden. Deck height is 280+ feet above the lowest point of the arroyo it crosses.
    Also, I don't think Mark, or whoever modelled it, put in all the crossbraces, trusses, stays, and so on. That would be a modeler's nightmare. The bridge is actually quite stable.
    One of the engineers that used to run the route told me: "I don't know about the other guys, but when I come out of the tunnel, I make sure the deck is clear, then find excuses to keep my eyes inside 'til the rail noise changes."
    That whole route is NOT for the faint-hearted. If you haven't done so already, download it. Mark just barely caught the sheer scale of the right-of-way and how it hangs on the cliff edge.
    de N4JNM former KC6YJN

Oh, my! After all this time, I looked up some of my links and finally figured out that 3DTS and 3DT are two different organizations. Sorry, Marc.
    de N4JNM former KC6YJN