Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TrainSim Screen Shot Archive

Default TrainSim Screen Shot Archive

Hello Everyone,

For the past week (with Nels permission) I've been working on a Screen Shot Archive page for all of the amazing images/photos you have posted in this forum. As of today we have saved a little over 4,700 of them. The archive can provide a way for us to keep your images around long after the they have left the forums. It also provides an additional way to browse them quickly. Please feel free report any problems with the software, or make suggestions to me at the email address given on the archive's main page.

I can't begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed looking at your creations while building this archive. Hope you find it enjoyable and helpful as well. I have a lot of ideas for adding more features to the software, but I'm sure you will have even better ones. I'll do my best to add features over time if you all like what you see.

[Link Expired]

The current code I am working on will allow descriptions on the photos. You can see some photo sets that I built from photos sent to this forum ... Special thanks goes to Ronik, Dave, and Padre for these sets.
    [Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]

Thank You Again,
    -Dan

Default RE: TrainSim Screen Shot Archive

That is awsome!!!

[Link Expired]
    Feel Free To Instant Messange Me
    :-) :-) [email protected] :-) :-)

Wow thats cool :-)

But did you guys link my pics of the derailment right to my photobucket server or did you move it to the flight sim server?

Outstanding work there, Dan! Nice to see the prototype photos in there as well. :)

Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains
    http://www.3dtrains.com

[link:www.3dtrains.com/products/index.shtml|http://www.3dtrains.com/images/pro_funit_atsfmain.jpg]

Pro Series v4.0 SuperPacks

I'm a happy guy at the moment, i couldn't believe my eyes when i was told by a friend that i was one of the three guys who's pictures where put in first. I took a look and it was there, i am surprised since railpictures didn't even want any of those shots so i'm glad some one out there likes my shots. I have no problem at all with you using them, if you would like i could give you my real name for them which would make it easyer since some one out there probably has the same screen name as me. ;) :D

Thats awesome!! Nice job and great idea :)

Hi Dave,

I've made copies of them in the screen shot archive directory so that they stay there in case you want to take them down some place else. Feel free to link any of you photos in the archives. They may end up moving one more time because this is only a test setup. If people like it we keep it, if there isn't much interest then I won't be able to justify spending a lot of time on it. By keeping copies of all the photos local we won't have empty shots showing up in the archives when the another site goes down or the photos are removed or even lost for that matter.

Hope everything is according to your likes. I'll do the best I can to make it look good and keep working on it each day. (It's manual process for me right now)

-Dan

Thank you,

I was thinking .. I really don't know much about TrainSim (but love your pictures). Don't you guys design new trains with images like some of the ones I've seen coming up in this forum? If that is the case what if I started a whole gallery of just images that can be used to make or paint trains? Is that what you call the prototypes images ? Do they have to be a certain size to work? Because I scale the photos from the forum back to 800 if they are larger.

Does that make any sense? Would it be helpful? Or did I just derail in a major way with that suggestion?

-Dan

Thank you, im very happy to be in it as well:D

Those are very interesting photos and I was really happy to see them. It's not often you see a train banged up like that. I would be happy to put your full name in the copyright, or partial name or even make your name a link to an email address, it's totally up to you guys.

Hopefully I get to the point you can add your own comments to the photos. Got a ways to go in the code for that yet, but I'm working on it.

-Dan