Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amtrak Superliners and BNSF Autoracks

Default Amtrak Superliners and BNSF Autoracks

Superliners and autoracks, "BesideTheRiver" route.

Phil

Canberra, Australian Capital T, Australia.

Default RE: Amtrak Superliners and BNSF Autoracks

Where is that F40 from?
    Great pics!

Don't get too excited about the F40, unless you have TRAINZ.

NS_Pittsburg Guest

Yup, thats all TRAINZ.

However, there is a file in the file library here that is a bit like the F40 in the pictures, if your interested. f40_p4.zip.

I got trainz. TELL ME!!
    Anthony

Hi Anthony --

Yes, it's Trainz. It is easy to tell by the ground textures - MSTS usually looks like track dumped on a painted baseboard; Trainz allows multiple textures.

The Amtrak loco and the Superliners are from the HP Trainz "Marias Pass Route" - payware. See here:

http://forums.auran.com/TRS2004/foru...ferrerid=31319

and here:

http://www.hp-trainz.de/html/pay_routes.html

The route is absolutely superb. It's all that the MSTS route should have been, plus much much more.

The BNSF Warbonnet and the autoracks came from the Auran Download Station. Freeware (well, once you have registered your copy of Trainz that is).

The route is my "BesideTheRiver". Almost completed and I should be able to upload it to the Auran Download Station in the next few days.

It is a free-standing route that can also be used as a bridging piece between my "Austral Bay" and "Mad River Extended".

If you haven't already done so, try Austral Bay. It's based on Jim Ward's "Port Ogden & Northern", but is more expansive and makes use of many of the wonderful Trainz features, like animated bridges, rotating turntables, and animated and interactive industries. And yes, the AI trains are much better behaved than in the MSTS version.

Cheers,
    Phil

Thanks!!!
    Anthony

Man! Those Superliners may be enough to turn me over to Trainz. But it only looks like a coach was made. Any other cars? Lounge, Sleeper, Transition Dorm, Diner?
    Matt
    Click Here for photos of my train layouts

Hey Phill! Did you see this F40ph? Surfliner paint.
    Anthony

Hi SouthwestChief --

At the moment, unfortunately, that is the only Superliner. The F40PH, Superliner and a few freight cars come with the Marias Pass payware route from HP Trainz, and I suspect that the creators wanted to test the water. Payware content availability in Trainz seems to be almost diametrically opposed to MSTS - lots of payware rolling stock, very few payware routes. I think that this reflects the fact that route construction is relatively easy in Trainz whereas rolling stock, because Trainz allows significantly higher polygons than MSTS, is much harder.

Anyway, back to the Superliners, I believe that more will be forthcoming.

What the screen shots only partially capture is the glint and gleam from the sides of the cars. I'm not sure how it was done, but it is by far the best representation of stainless steel that I have ever come across. My only disappointment with this particular item is that it does not have dynamic numbering. It is now possible to script rolling stock (and that includes locomotives) in Trainz so that they automatically select a number in a preset range. It prevents duplicate numbers appearing in a consist.

Phil