Thread: Trainz publisher Announced

Default Trainz publisher Announced

http://www.auran.com/koolthingz/trai...um/default.htm

Tuesday, October 23, 2001 - 9:54 am CT
    Strategy First to Publish TRAINZ
    Strategy First today announced that it has signed a worldwide publishing agreement with Australian-based developer, Auran [www.virtualtrainz.com], for their upcoming Virtual Model Railroad Simulator, TRAINZ. The game places players in the driver's seat of their favorite locomotives and allows them to create layouts using hundreds of textures and objects from around the world.

Players will be able to build their own routes from a variety of locations, from the U.S. East Coast, the English countryside, to the Australian Outback using the TRAINZ editor. Players will also be able to choose from the engineer's view and use 3D in-cab controls, or choose the train spotter view and use the virtual DC controller. They can even download a variety of fan-designed locomotives and trackside objects from the virtualtrainz.com website.

Scheduled for a Q1 2002 release, TRAINZ will be distributed by Infogrames throughout the U.S. and Canada.

Thought someone would of posted it here by now..

ok catchya's

akochan Guest

Default RE: Trainz publisher Announced

That's good news. I was afraid it would be Microsoft :P
    They probably wouldn't do it without first getting everyone at Auran's firstborn...

Strategy First has a good track record for a publisher. Kohan is (purportedly, since I don't have it) great. Waterloo (which I do have) is the best Napoleonic game I've ever played. That lowers my fear of overseas transitory program mutation somewhat since Waterloo made it over the Atlantic intact. I just hope Trainz hits store shelves when it's due, without being rushed. It hurts to wait for software, but hurts even more to wait for the patch.

-Andy
    [email protected]

When i looked at there web site (publishers) I didnt see a agame i recognised..Except for WWII online....which to play online you have to pay.
    Trainz will be online in the future too..I hope that we dont have to pay....

Catchya's

akochan Guest

Really?
    You've never heard of Kohan? IT's the most well known Fantasy RTS right now... since Warcraft 3 is taking 17 extra years to come out. WW2 Online would be fun to play if it a: had not 60000000000000000000000000 known bugs, and b: could be paid with cash instead of a credit card.

-Andy
    [email protected]