Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Awwwww shet.

Default Awwwww shet.

I got my copy of Trainz yesterday, installed it, ran it, crashed it...
    Okay so i didnt read the spec's... now i have to get a new video card... my old one is a Voodoo 3 2000 8mb, the minimum is 16mb, so i have to go the full way and get a GeForce2 :7 with 32mb. damn i wanted to play this game, now i have to wait 2 months till i get the money to get the card. :(
    any ideas on how to make an 8mb card run at 16mb? like sharing RAM or something?

~\/~/\~\/~/\~
    JudgeKiller
    ~\/~/\~\/~/\~

"The Judge is in the house!"

Default RE: Awwwww shet.

hmmmm, just testing my sig... n/m

~\/~/\~\/~/\~
    JudgeKiller
    ~\/~/\~\/~/\~
    a.k.a
    -++{=Neos_Matrix=}++-

http://secret.lab6.com/uploaded_files/1007759194.jpg

Baz47 Guest

Yeh, put in a virtual Geoforce 3.

Non of them are real, remember?

Baz

LawrenceKellie Guest

Imagine that. I was under the impression from all the hype about Trainz that it would run on anything. After all, it was built to counteract all of the shortcomings of MSTS, isn't that what everyone said? Didn't many complain about having to upgrade their computer, and with Trainz coming this wouldn't happen, because the Trainz people were so much more intelligent than MS/KUJU??????

Hmmm. Interesting.

Lawrence

dgauci Guest

Reality bites, and crow doesn't taste very good. There's now going to be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The graphics look really, really bad. The games very buggy out of the box. It's VERY expensive when you add up all of the additional modules to purchase to make it as complete as MSTS. It has similar hardware requirements to MSTS so low end systems equally won't pass muster. Yeah, reality bites.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-01 AT 09:04PM (EST)[/font][p]I also have MSTS, i can run that with ALL the options on at around 23fps.
    I have seen screens of Trainz and they look alot better than MSTS.
    BTW, im guessing the virtual GeForce3 is a joke? :7
    Im also hoping that Trainz will be more easy to run than MSTS (remember the editors and tools... still cant work then).
    I also had high hopes for Trainz running on my system, seems that nearly all games do (exept Colin McRae). Suppose the voodoo was a bit (a bit? jeez more like alot) outdated, and need replacing.

~\/~/\~\/~/\~
    JudgeKiller
    ~\/~/\~\/~/\~
    a.k.a
    -++{=Neos_Matrix=}++-

http://secret.lab6.com/uploaded_files/1007759194.jpg

dgauci Guest

>I have seen screens of Trainz
    >and they look alot better
    >than MSTS.

You must be joking, the screenshots in Trainz look like toys.

dgallina Guest

Oh for god's sake, there's plenty of room for both games. Please go buy a copy and try it and quit bashing Trainz for the hell of it. I own and design for both games and they both have pluses and minuses.

To complain, however, that Trainz is bad because the company that makes it supports it, extends it, and listens to the community is uninformed garbage. If MS had supported MSTS the way Auran has Trainz so far the MSTS community would be thrilled.

LawrenceKellie Guest

You know, if there is any bashing around, it sure is the pot calling the kettle black. Before Nels added this forum, all type of *pre*-release garbage was going around--how much better Trainz was going to be, etc.

Now the product is out, and from the reports that are in this forum it doesn't sound like Auran did very much better. Come back and talk about this when Trainz sells over 8 million copies.

Lawrence

dgauci Guest

>Oh for god's sake, there's plenty of room for both games.

An argument I have been making to Trainz fans for months, who kept telling us how MSTS was dead and that how much greater Trainz was going to be. Now that the premise has been proven wrong, Trainz fans don't like to be reminded of their overheated hype.

> Please go buy a copy and try it and quit bashing Trainz for the hell of it.

I'm not going to buy a copy, I don't like the way it works or the model railroading premise it is based on. I don't need a simulator to play with toy trains. I still believe there is room for both, if you like Trainz buy it, I just won't be one of them. Trainz fans have bashed MSTS for months, I've just reacted the same way now that the reality of the released program is out. I'm done posting in this forum.

>If MS had supported MSTS the way Auran has Trainz so far the MSTS community would be thrilled.

I'm part of the MSTS community and I'm not unhappy with Microsoft or MSTS. I think they did a wonderful version 1 product and am looking forward to see what is next.