Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the dang blasted serial number and how do you enter it?

LionkingCMSL Guest

Default Where is the dang blasted serial number and how do you enter it?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-01 AT 01:41PM (EST)[/font][p]Ok, I'm a intelligent lion, but this has got me stumped and me pulling the hair out of my mane. :=/

I just got TrainZ today and went to install it. I get to where you have to enter your information (why they need to know what company I work for is beyond me) and when I go to enter the number that is on the sticker that is in the box (to the top right of the CD) and "hit" the okay button it just throws me back to where it wants your info, with the serial number area blank.

The manual is no help and the screen gives no info on how to enter or where to find the dang blasted serial number.

Am I to enter the number on the sticker only in part? Am I to put in the dashes? Am I to use all caps, like is shown on the sticky?

I've tried almost every combination and no luck. I'm almost ready to throw the dang disk out. No program should be this hard to figure out how to install.

So if someone would show me where I'm going wrong before I tear all the hair out of my mane, I would be extremely grateful. :=3
    --
    LionkingCMSL - the railroading lion :=3
    When it's a tie at a grade crossing, YOU lose!
    Please go to Operation Life Saver's web site, at http://www.oli.org , for more information.

Default RE: Where is the dang blasted serial number and how do you enter it?

Hope this helps.. http://www.auran.com/trainz/techfaq.htm

Good luck

Catchya

LionkingCMSL Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-01 AT 01:54PM (EST)[/font][p]Bo,
    Thanks for pointing me to that site, but it didn't help. I have one "1" and I saw it for what it was. Now the last digit could be a "0" (zero) or an "O" (oh). I tried both ways and no luck.

Maybe I should try the "oh" again, but leave off the "AUTR" part (they are the first four letters, and it makes me think they stand for "Authorization").

The lion is still tearing his mane out by the roots. :=/
    --
    Please go to Operation Life Saver's web site, at http://www.oli.org , for more information.

If your still having troubles.. You could always email Auran help desk.. You'll find there extremely helpfull and will bend over backwards to make sure all is allright.. And they dont take more than a day or 2 to get back to you (Used to be quicker..But alot of folk on the boards now :P)

I placed all 6 four digit codes in (Including Auth)It was right first time :).After looking at my code ive realised i was lucky and didnt get any 1's or a 0 or a o ..

Again.. Good luck

LionkingCMSL Guest

I'm still having problems.

Question - Did you put the dashes in or just leave blank spaces?
    --
    LionkingCMSL - the nearly bald railroading lion :=3

I Cant remeber.. Have you tired both ? I Imagine you have..I suppose you've done the caps on and off too ? Only other option apart from the email is to drop a post in the technical support forum over at Auran.com.. Theres a thread allready on the same subject..
    http://www.auran.com/trainz/forum/sh...eferrerid=8090

Maybe someone in there can help you more than i have, And Aurans open for business 2 hours from when i post this so you should have a response from an Auran Fella (Or Sheila:P) pretty soon.. One warning tho, be sure to mention that you have bought the game and such as theres been some pretty harsh reactions to such problems since its been fkn pirated.

Anyhoo.. Once again..Good luck, Its sure worth it if you want to recreate that certain Model Railway Layout.

Catchya

Unfortunately for Auran, this is apparently a common problem, since there is a thread with a bunch of similar complaints on their technical forum. I just got my CD and, sure enough, I can't get it to install either. I have tried all sorts of case and spacing variations. I do have one group of four characters that appeared to be the number 190 followed by the letter O. I have tried both variants with various case and spacing and still no luck. In my mind, this install bug is a very serious BLACK EYE to Auran. Maybe when it's installed, it's easy, but I CAN'T GET IT INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LionkingCMSL Guest

>Unfortunately for Auran, this is apparently
    >a common problem, since there
    >is a thread with a
    >bunch of similar complaints on
    >their technical forum. I
    >just got my CD and,
    >sure enough, I can't get
    >it to install either.
    >I have tried all sorts
    >of case and spacing variations.
    > I do have one
    >group of four characters that
    >appeared to be the number
    >190 followed by the letter
    >O. I have tried
    >both variants with various case
    >and spacing and still no
    >luck. In my mind,
    >this install bug is a
    >very serious BLACK EYE to
    >Auran. Maybe when it's
    >installed, it's easy, but I
    >CAN'T GET IT INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I not only e-mailed Auran with my problem, I also called them on the phone. I belive somewhere the CD's and the serial numbers got out of sync. Make sure you send them an e-mail at [email protected] with your problem.

BTW, I'm the same LionkingCMSL on their boards as well. :=3
    Who else would take such a "mouthful" for a "handle". :=3

--

Now I'm even getting a "setup corrupt" error message and beginning to wonder if I wasted 60 bucks?!?!?!?!?

If they have to send me a new CD I need a rebate.

P*ssed off.

This is really ridiculous...I've talked their program up on the forums here, really looking forward to it, and now this PR disaster...if you and I and at least a couple others on the Trainz forum had this problem, how many others? I feel cheated, I've got the CD sitting right in front of me, and IT WON'T INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!