Thread: Staging Track as a Substitute for Yard Master

Default Staging Track as a Substitute for Yard Master

Since we don't have Yard master yet. You could create a pseudo activity through a very long staging track. The trains would be placed on the staging track at about a half hour apart. The staging track would then feed into a mailine which leads to a yard.

Scenario 1: Start each consist at the beginning of a Driver session. Take control of a switcher in the yard and as the different consists arrive break the consists down and sort the cars into the classification tracks of the yard before the next one arrives.

Scenario 2 : The same set up could be used for any of the industries with goal being to sort the loaded cars and prepare the empties for the arriving consist.

You control the time at which the consists arrive by seperating the consist in distance on the staging track.

Default RE: Staging Track as a Substitute for Yard Master

When im not building .. I usually love a little play.. I'll either make up 4 consists and sit back switching signals for them..watching from Tracking CAm as they go there own merry little path.. :P
    Or .. I'll place heaps of starting point and stick loose consist everywhere and just shunt and shuffle my way round :P Great fun..
    DCC controller..which i mainly use..Realy lets you play with the train like a model..Reactes the same.. Great fun.
    Real Cab control apparently (For ive only driven this view once) Makes the driving experience almost realistic..ie: All the true physics of the game kick in and you actually have to 'Drive !"..

So far im enjoying the Arcade side of it :P

Catchya'

Default RE: Staging Track as a Substitute for Yard Master

It is neat that you can set up realistic operations quickly and easily. I will have to try the signaling too.