Thread: NYCTA subway route

Default NYCTA subway route

This morning, I used Trainz Surveyor to create part of NYCTA BMT 4th Avenue subway route from 95th Street to 59th Street. I found out that it was easier to lay and edit track in Trainz Surveyor than in MSTS's frustrating Route Editor. Jeffrey.

Default RE: NYCTA subway route

Hopefully this will ease some of the pain of waiting for Trainz. Post some pics when you get a chance. :-)

I extended the NYCTA BMT 4th Avenue subway route to Pacific Street and ran an EMD SD40 diesel locomotive from 95th Street to Pacific Street (Trainz doesn't have electric MU passenger cars). How do I raise the free end of track to 15 feet above the tracks on the lower level? Can I set the direction of junctions (switches) from inside the cab? Jeffrey.

In the track tab, there's a button for setting the track's grade. Set the value in the adjacent box to 0.0 and click the grade button. Click on the circles of the tracks you wish to raise, and use the spline height tool to lift the track with the left mouse button. :)

Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains
    http://www.3dtrains.com

Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Marc,
    Are your 3DTrains team members going to be selling any locos for Trainz soon? I figure since you guys work with 3DSMax so you could use the Trainz plug-in to generate models.