Thread: 12 more pics of route in development

Hentis Guest

Default 12 more pics of route in development

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-01 AT 07:31PM (EST)[/font][p]Hi all heres 12 more pics of the latest addition to the layout / Route.

Details
    -------
    Working title: Hentis RR

Total size unzipped: 2.89 MB

Region: UK but using various textures and objects. (left hand drive folks

Number of Boards to date: 27

Number of Tunnels: 1 ( orginally had 2 but got so annoyed at the textures showing in the tunnel entrance I turned it into a deep canyon...) check pics.

Number of Stations: 2

Number of Yards: 4 ( not big though and they need editing well at least one does have you worked out which one?).

Number of return loops: 1 but 2 are planned.

Expected Completion date: Possibly Mid February. After SP1 or SP 2 is released But this is an ongoing development of the route even when the main route is released I will be adding more and releasing more.

Also thanks to the kind peeps who have asked to Beta test my route but unfortunately I beta test it on my other PC across the network so i have the main PC actually in Surveyor and the other PC in Driver module running a consist over everything. Thus correcting most bugs....eventually.

There will be plenty of chances for Shunting / Switching... Freight operation Long haul freight.... I plan to install a large yard somewhere on the route but have yet to finalise details Passenger operation as wellwith about 5 - 6 stations.

I am not sure if anyone else have incurred this " bug" with the flexi track. For some unknown reason my normal points shift from the down mainline to the up mainline and also some become diamond crossings!!!!! I had a 2 hour remodelling of 3 areas to do tonight and I wasnt happy. Hopefully this will be cured when SP1 is released

First second and third pic. Continuing on from the long bridge check the last set of pics I decided to make another tunnel.... big mistake so I made it in to a canyon instead.... damn tall canyon if you ask me!!!!!

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

Pics 4 & 5 are of the newly installed run round loops and entrance to "Poole" trackage. This is loosley based on my local station area.... ie.. We have the run round loops... a yard that dont get used anmore but no Turntable :(

[Link Expired]

Also note the detailing in the piccie below. The whole area and the track laying took most of Sunday to do!!!!!!. Big area and an eye for detail me thinks.

[Link Expired]

Next pic is looking east from tunnel past some powerliones and east to where the "Poole" station is or where it will be.

[Link Expired]

Speaking of Powerlines!!!!

[Link Expired]

The second staion is named after my Hometown of Poole although we do not have a turntable :(

[Link Expired]

Next is the Turntable at Poole with the shot taken from the Station Platform at the Auran loco. Thanks to Evil dark cow locomotive works for that. Oh Yeah the turntable in trains works as well!!!! :D

[Link Expired]

Next is the Auran loco # 001 with a pair ATSF SD40's at speed going across the lake with the NeverFail Ale enterprise working.

[Link Expired]

Another one of my favourites is the shot from the second loco cab of which you cannot do in MTS. Yes you can ride the whole route like this if you so wish to. I think its quite cool :P

[Link Expired]

Then for the final shot of Double headed class 37 at speed on a local passenger working on its way to Poole in an early morning downpour.

[Link Expired]

Well thats it more piccies will follow in the next few days..... have to go and see what the real world looks like now :P

Well I look forward to your comments.

Hentis

PS Happy New year to all.

"The futures not set..... theres no fate but what we make"

Default RE: 12 more pics of route in development

Looks good. Is the slope of the valley that steep in pics 4 & 5?

Hey Hentis

I won't shoot lightning bolts at you for posting that oh so realistic stuff here, but no thanks I will keep my Train Simulator. I did give Trainz a shot, but I didn't care for it. Although I did find surveyor real easy.

Chuck

Hentis Guest

Yep its that steep quite high as well. It was going to be a tunnel but the tunnel got screwed up so I decided to make a canyon instead. I hop you like it.

Hentis

"Trainz lover here goto www.virtualtrainz.com Now flame me you shits for saying trainz in an MTS forum!!!!!!!"

Hentis Guest

>Hey Hentis
    >
    >I won't shoot lightning bolts at
    >you for posting that oh
    >so realistic stuff here, but
    >no thanks I will keep
    >my Train Simulator. I did
    >give Trainz a shot, but
    >I didn't care for it.
    >Although I did find surveyor
    >real easy.
    >
    >Chuck

Hey Chuck,

LoL at the lightning bolts.... hmmmm flame retadent clothing still working a wee bit singed but holding up. Yeah you see thats the beauty of it. I cannot get along with the route editor in MTS but look at surveyor. You know its your own opinion that you make and you have said that you used the demo and prefer to use MTS yeah fine I aint going to Co flame you for that.... its your own choice. I have MTS but it keeps crashing due to a route that was installed had to be uninstalled and I cant find the damn consist it says is causing the errors to stop it crashing and until I get another 20 gigger it aint going to get used as much. I like MTS but I find the ease of Trainz really good. The good thing is Auran will be releasing more stuff for MTS as well. So I kinda get the best of both worlds.

Hentis

"Trainz lover here goto www.virtualtrainz.com Now flame me you shits for saying trainz in an MTS forum!!!!!!!"