Thread: Here is a little bit of Australia.

Default Here is a little bit of Australia.

Thought some of you might be interested what you can do with Trainz, particularly if you have more time than an hour. Thought I would upload my "test Curves" layout so you can have as much fun as I have. 50 tiles big, 900 meter radius curves where possible and several hours to get around it...these infinity by infinity garages are cool :-)
    Thought you might like to see a tour, so I organised a Loco to take us around.
    An 0400 start and all we could get was an old 44 Class, and we were not going Light Engine, we had to take a load as well..sih!
    The train was waiting on the main, near the Consist Office, and the day was pretty dirty...Foggy and rain was near..

[Link Expired]

The night shift had 4460 all prepared, and as we departed on time, the rain came down.

[Link Expired]

I mean how can you take photos in this?

[Link Expired]

Doing the best we could, passing trough "Bottom Station" which serves a small railway town nearby and the Iron Ore Open Cut which the Railway also serves.

[Link Expired]

This farmer is not getting much done today

[Link Expired]

We approach the bridge which carries the spiral up onto the tablelands.

[Link Expired]

and we are soon approaching the ore loader near the open cut.
    This is a balloon loop.

[Link Expired]

We pick up here and return some wagons to the repair roads at Bottom Yards. On the way we see the open cut.

[Link Expired]

and come to an ubrupt end to our journey, when our Loco finds a track fault, that the navvies missed at the yard entrance.

[Link Expired]

Next day the sun was shining. The 44 was back on the track, had been checked for damage, and at about 1800 hours we were off to do some more. The following photos do the layout credit without further comment by me }>

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

Well we made it before Dark, the end of the line for now!
    strewth...Where did he come from? and the booms did not come down! Guess I better have a chat to the Special Ganger!

[Link Expired]

and that is about the END. Hope you enjoyed..wonder if the XXXX is really cold over there...only one way to find out...
    Good Night to you all.
    Comtrain

ozzie_dave Guest

Default RE: Here is a little bit of Australia.

Hey, that looks nice, I'm doing a similar Aussie theme.

Cheers

Dave

Default RE: Here is a little bit of Australia.

>Hey, that looks nice, I'm doing
    >a similar Aussie theme.
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Dave
    Thanks Dave!
    Gee it has been a long time since I visited here!
    Still arguing and running flame wars I suppose?
    I am not even going to look!
    Now Peter H is looking for this layout so I reposted it for you and it is here
    http://www4.tpgi.com.au/railman/testcurves.zip

Hope you enjoy it, and please let me know?
    cheers
    Comtrain