Thread: Service Pack 1 available tomorrow

Default Service Pack 1 available tomorrow

Check out whats in it.

http://www.auran.com/trainz/downloadst.htm

I wish other companies were like Auran.

Dave

Default RE: Service Pack 1 available tomorrow

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-02 AT 07:01AM (EST)[/font][p]55 mb!!!!!! I believe I will pass, as I have a slow dial-up connection and haven't used the program since the week I installed it last month. I now feel like I wasted my money on the "community" version and should have waited for the retail release :-( Actually, I have a friend who is more into model RR'ing than I am. As I apparently did not register the program (at least that's that the download site told me), guess I can delete it from my system and give it to somebody who may actually enjoy it.

Not really because Auran have your cd key registered to your name.. You had better advice or ask Auran some details about what would happen if you were to pass it on just to be sure :-)

Pity u cant download it..The improvments really are worth the wait, there is an option to order a CD of the SP1..maybe that would be helpfull to you ?

Anyhoo..Sorry to hear you arent enjoying..thought i'd better let you know about the key before you pass it on...

Catchya

I can't understand why Auran released a service pack for Trainz a month after Trainz was released and next month, Auran will add new tools for creating 3D objects for Trainz, while Microsoft and Kuju did NOTHING about Train Simulator for six months except for new versions of CONV3DS and MAKEACE utilities. Jeffrey.

Yes..the mind is baffled.. Espiecally since Service Pack 2 is just around the corner too :P

Catchya

I can't believe you are going to give it away without even trying SP1. SP1 contains so many goodies that if it were in Microsofts hands they'd be calling it Trainz 2 and suck you for more money.

Alot of people are seeing 200 to 300 percent improvements in performance.

Paul

Well, I may not be much of a Trainz fan, but I'm certainly not going to do what this e-mail correspondent requested of me:

"Do you think you can send me the CD key of Trainz that you have or the username and password of your auran account so I can download the SP1? I have received the game from someone but he doesn't have the box and either the original cd-key so I am not able to download the patch. Or maybe, if you can send me the patch or a link to the patch I would appreciated very much."

I don't think so, especially when the guy has an e-mail addy called "spyguy"! Why do I get the feeling he doesn't want this just for himself?

Default Makes a TRULY AMAZING difference

I use MSTS a lot. When I got Trainz, a few weeks ago, I was pretty dissapointed, and have hardly used it. The frame rates were bad and very jerky. SP1, even though it took almost 5 hours on my dial-up, is like a miracle! Before, I could sort of run with the sliders all the way down. Now they are maxed and it runs smooth. The tools for scenery are great, and the sense of realism is much better now that draw distances aren't in front of my nose. Once there is some variety of rolling stock and STEAM, it will be a great companion to MSTS! Don't get rid of it until you run it with the service pack!

Steve