Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support?

Default Support?

They're sending out form e-mails now, so who knows when if ever I'll be able to get the service pack. Wanted to see if the crappy graphics and performance would improve, but NO...won't take my serial number, which is a valid number, not trying to steal anything from them, but their ultra-security seems designed to frustrate those of us who paid $60+shipping for the "Community" (read "beta") version as much as it does bootleggers.

As I said in my e-mail, my experience with their company has been generally poor. Glad so many of you are enjoying it. Still feel I wasted my money with these folks.

John_Banks Guest

Default RE: Support?

Hi flarrfan,

The support email reply has been sent within two hours of receiving your email. The registration process appears to be working fine at our end and we have taken the liberty of registering your serial number for you. You should now be able to use the download station. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance :)

Cheers,

John Banks
    Auran
    www.auran.com
    [email protected]

Hentis Guest

Hey Flarrfan hows that for support then? :D

Hentis

"Trainz lover here goto www.virtualtrainz.com If you like or are intrested in trainz..... if you dont thats your hard luck"

Why bother supporting something when it aint gonna try and save itself in the first place ? Im an old farm hand.. We'd just put something down and move on...

Catchya

Thanks to John Banks, I am currently downloading SP 1.1.1
    Still don't know why the download wouldn't work for me without assistance, but at least (after another few hours of dial-up download), I can try out a hopefully improved Trainz with better performance and graphics. The form e-mail, on reflection, was something to be expected with the popularity of the program. I really would like to see what all the excitement is about, so perhaps my opportunity is coming soon.

Hentis Guest

>Thanks to John Banks, I am
    >currently downloading SP 1.1.1
    >Still don't know why the download
    >wouldn't work for me without
    >assistance, but at least (after
    >another few hours of dial-up
    >download), I can try out
    >a hopefully improved Trainz with
    >better performance and graphics.
    >The form e-mail, on reflection,
    >was something to be expected
    >with the popularity of the
    >program. I really would
    >like to see what all
    >the excitement is about, so
    >perhaps my opportunity is coming
    >soon.

Well I would like to know what you think from the Sp1.1.1 ( is this including the 50 meg download of the original SP1) Damn this gets so confusing!!!!! Also what are your specs out of intrest. Any screenies you can post?

Hentis

"Trainz lover here goto www.virtualtrainz.com If you like or are intrested in trainz..... if you dont thats your hard luck"

Maybe Trainz and I just aren't meant to get along together. From the serial number screw-up on initial install, to disappointing performance and graphics, to my latest adventures trying to get the service pack. Downloaded a 58 mb file, unzipped and went to install. It gets to 90% then hangs on something called, I think, japan.ja Waited ten minutes, no further progress. Tried running Trainz and found no difference, still jerky performance and poor graphics, in my opinion. Specs? How about AMD 900, 128 mb Ram, ATI Radeon 64 mb with latest driver, DX 8.1, system delivers average 30-45 fps in MSTS with everything maxed except visibility and no shadows.

flarrfan, back running the Fairmont speeder on Marias Pass and the SCL-CSX A-Line.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-02 AT 03:06AM (EST)[/font][p]When you load Trainz now, does it say "1.0" or "1.1" in the lower left corner? If i'm not mistaken, the main .exe file is patched at the very end, so if it didn't finish... you may be still running the old version.

I'm getting anything between 3o-7o fps on a 9oo MHz machine, with less advanced graphics card to that,(albeit more memory) so your computer should be able to provide at least similar results...

Kinda figured that incomplete SP install meant I was still running the original, and yes indeed, it said 1.0. I'm afraid the download got corrupted somehow. Checked properties of zip file and says only 55.8 mb, think the 1.1.1 was supposed to be 57-something? I guess I could try it again tonight, when we're sleeping and don't need the phone line.

Default Final Update

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-02 AT 08:36AM (EST)[/font][p]Ok, after seeing on Barney's forum that the 90% hang for patch install was normal (should have been a readme file to explain), I tried again and install seemed to be complete. Launch program, fatal exception, crash (KERNEL.DLL). Uninstall entire program, delete all files, reinstall original from CD, works as before, reinstall patch (takes longer than MSTS 1.8 g install!), fatal exception, crash, uninstall everything again, restart computer, install everything again, crash. Uninstall, restart, install including patch, restart, launch, crash.

I give up. Haven't had this much trouble installing software since I screwed up my first computer as a newbie trying to install Windows for Workgroups over 3.1. That was seven years ago, so I think (thought) I know what I'm doing. Guess not. Y'all enjoy your Trainz, I'm gonna play with the Fairmont speeder on Marias Pass tonight in an activity I designed in about an hour last night. Less time than I have fruitlessly invested this morning with Trainz. Then I'll take the speeder out on the half-dozen excellent PROTOTYPE routes I have on my computer and enjoy my software, rather than having to work at it.

Finally a big salute to John Banks at Auran, who has gone out of his way to try to help, even after less than complimentary public forum posts by me about problems with Trainz. I have no complaint with the people at Auran, though their software for whatever reason is not meeting my needs on my system.