Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Just me? Or is it that I am Just one American Playing TRAINZ

TucsonCoyote Guest

Default Is It Just me? Or is it that I am Just one American Playing TRAINZ

Tucson Coyote here

Ever Since Getting TRAINZ about a Month Ago I have been tinkering around with it and must say that it is really a good program if you like Modeling anykind of railroad ...

But I was just wondering if anyone out there is doing Trainz (Either Hee in the States or Internationally...??(I know the International Bunch is probably Larger than the Domestic..

Anyway Anyone Working on Any TRAINZ related Material

Hmmm And I wonder if We Are Yet going to See SOme Double Headed Searchlight Signals..(and if they work with Correct Signaling then all the better..)

Also I see that Train luvr.net is going at it..

I just wondered if I am one of the Few Americans who Play with Trainz...or are folks just being quiet?

Tucson Coyote

Rio Rojo Railroad..(SF/SP Fictional Line)

Default RE: Is It Just me? Or is it that I am Just one American Playing TRAINZ

Howdy,

You are not the only American that has Trainz. I've had it since the Community edition was released. I still have MSTS on my system but have not gone into it since getting Trainz. I have 2 layouts. One is available for download at http://trainz.ke6ihx.com under Routes. It is based on the Model Railroader layout The Clinchfield. The other one is still in progress and is another Model Railroader layout based on the Tehachapi Loop. I also have screen shots of both layouts under Screenshots. Another layout that I am planning is one based on Donner Pass. Trainz is great. Everynight I'm in Surveyor working on my routes and watching the #Trainz irc channel.

Once the gmax gamepack is release, I plan on making several scenery objects including more searchlight signals and some stations and buildings.

Alex

Go over to the forum at Auran's site and you'll find a lot of Americans 'playing' with Trainz. Over there you can see the new loco's in the content creation forum. You should also visit the canadian site http://trainz.luvr.net. Look at the project page for more information on new rolling stock etc.

André

>I just wondered if I am
    >one of the Few Americans
    >who Play with Trainz...or are
    >folks just being quiet?
    >
    >Tucson Coyote
    >
    >Rio Rojo Railroad..(SF/SP Fictional Line)

We are here TC! I'm just too busy building the Tall Trees & Boardwalk RR to spent much time on the boards. Check out what I've been up to with surveyor:

http://www.surfsedge.com/TTBWRR.htm

railtester - All Aboard!

TucsonCoyote Guest

Tucson Coyote here

Well As For MySelf I Wouldn't Mind Taking a Bit of a Stab at Real Life Railroading ...(And I do mean real..

The Real Trick is getting All the Information together and seeing how big of an area I'm talking about

there are two Projects really that two major projects I am looking at ...

1. Cajon Pass (San-Bernardino CA To Barstow CA) Try to hold a Train on Grade here... It's Not Easy..)

2. The Lordsburg Distric (Tucson AZ to Lordsburg NM) now that TRAINZ has a Major Variability Factor with Weather on this layou you can always Set the Weather Changes to Extreme (And Yes It can Go from Clear Sunshine to a Raging thunderstorm to (in Winter) a Snowstorm..

I really want to do either of these projects (Actually I am basing Rio Rojo off of Cajon pass a Bit..(Will have pictures shortly...

Tucson Coyote (Rio Rojo RR)

dgallina Guest

Have to agree with the others. I'm American and I've also been working with Trainz since before release (beta tester).

There are plenty of North American folks working on Trainz. If you've been following the Auran boards you'll see that some of the more well-known MSTS folks are also doing Trainz work. I've virtually seen and talked with Marc and Mark from 3dtrains.com as well as some of the nice folks from trainartisan.

Lot's of good things coming for Trainz!

Diego

Just been quiet, Mr. Coyote.

Snagged my copy of Trainz last weekend here in the Chicago area.

Have you taken a look at Gmax by Discreet? Free 3D modeler closely based on 3d Studio Max v4. They have easy to follow tutorials available and most any book out there on 3ds Max 4 is a valid reference point. I'm working my way through one right now.

My great passion is the Rio Grande Southern narrow gauge line. It will be a long project considering my limited free time, but I would like to model the entire line in easily digested baseboard sections, say from Durango to Mancos, Dolores to Rico, etc.

The other smaller project would be the Metra Commuter Lines here in Chicago. They average 50 miles each and there are 11 separate lines to model. It helps that I work for them and have access to detailed route info!

Keep you all posted.

American here who loves Trainz! :)

Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains
    http://www.3dtrains.com

Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

spudbear Guest

Greetings from the great RR State of PA:D I too have had Trainz since the Community Edition came out. I think I'm one of the few who thoroughly enjoys running both Trainz and MSTS; which one I choose at any given time simply depends on the mood I'm in since IMHO they each have their own identities. For me there is no "better" or "best" here: they're simply both fun to run ;-)

Regards to all,
    Spudbear

GarDan Guest

You're not alone here, One hundred percent born and raised Midwestern American. I tried my hand at MSTS, ehh... I really havent given it all it deserves as far as time goes. My interests lay in route design, and MSTS assumes that I'm a computer wiz too. Anyway, I plan on picking up Trainz within the next day or so and start the Barr subdivision of CSX; I had tried it on MSTS but it was a bit much for a low income, 56k user. Take care.