Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's all the Hubbub?

ShawnMcCaig Guest

Default What's all the Hubbub?

OMG. I just got trainz this morning and installed it immediately upon arriving home. Needless to say, I spent the next SEVERAL hours enjoying it..

This in NO WAY is intended to start a "who's sim is better" war, but all I can say is that after using MSTS for the past 9 months, Trainz is very refreshing! I don't understand why some folks are still complaining. For the first time in several months I actually drove a train without worrying about fixing problems or dealing with lockups and CTD's. And yes, while MSTS was very good in it's own way, it will be coming off my hard-drive now... Trainz left me feeling like I was actually inside the cab driving this thing. It sounded right, it looked good, it felt good. My framerates are great on a PIII 866, 512Mb RAM, and Geforce2 Ti200. I even fired up the Surveyor and made a VERY simple layout in almost no time at all, something I have yet to even come close to accomplishing with MSTS......and I haven't even downloaded the service-pack yet, so it can only get better.

I know sim-folks are notorious for wanting perfection, but geez folks, just enjoy it, it's called FUN. I work a ten hour day and come home to the computer to have FUN, not to WORK! Anyway, this post doesn't really have a point, and isn't meant to bash anyone. Just wanted to say I love this product and will be around for quite a while. Later.

Shawn

Default RE: What's all the Hubbub?

Well all I can say Shawn is... Ditto!!! And I'm not looking back either. It took me months in MSTS to achieve just a fraction of what I have in 3 weeks with TRAINZ.

Check out my 1st TRAINZ layout; size 24 boards, called the Tall Trees & Boardwalk RR

http://www.surfsedge.com/TTBWRR.htm

http://www.surfsedge.com/TTBWRRLogo.jpg

railtester

Here, Here!!

In full agreement with the MSTS vs Trainz debate. Both are good at what they were intended for.

But.......

I personally have spent way too much of my limited free time TRYING to do in MSTS what I DID do in Trainz. Purchased a bunch of Abacus MSTS add on products in hopes of helping me along the path. They are great products, but I don't see any further use for them. Thanks Auran!

Now off the soapbox.

MSTS - Trainz, Trainz - MSTS??

Amazing. Simply amazing. I can't wait until it's ready for download. Any thoughts of posting it to Aurans' site for inclusion in the "Download Station"?

My only real gripe is the 3D cab view. Don't get me wrong I like it, but I also like MSTS ability to turn it off.

Works much better in the full size cab simulator when you don't see the inside of the cab outside the window!.

piperone Guest

Ditto again. I had just started Michael Vone's tutorial on MSTS for layouts when I purchased Trainz last night. 30 seconds in the Surveyor told me my train simming days were changing - permanently.

piperone

RailHig Guest

I agree 100%. Trainz is wonderful!! I know I would never have the patience to build a route using the Route Editor for MSTS, but with Surveyor, I can actually build routes and have a wonderful time doing it. :-)

Hentis Guest

Hi all

Just a quick word to say wlecome to the world called trainz. I hope you enjoy it.... and yesy guys The futre for trainz is bright..... unlike the other sim.

Hentis

For more info on the forum pop over to the URL below and have a chat on the forum.

THE FUTURES BRIGHT, THE FUTURES TRAINZ -
    www.virtualtrainz.com

FILE DELETION IS MURDER, HARD DISK FORMATTING IS GENOCIDE

richdre Guest

Yep add me to the the list of Trainz fans. MSTS is in the dust bin and I am busy working on my first Trainz layout. Great product.

Richard

crux Guest

What can i say that hasn't already been said -) I love the program. My six year daughter loves the program. We both create layouts using surveyor. They look a bit different but we both have great fun. Even my wife who hates computers (although she has a computer degree) smiles at us doing this together. I'm afraid that MSTS is just taking up space now on my HD. When I need the space it will be the first to go.... and Trainz is only going to get better. Their committment to development and service is outstanding. The communuty and addons is growing fast. Don't know how I am going to find the time.

Cheers James

Puchased Trainz last week. Created my first layout this week. Trainz is the way to go. I am not very good at complicated CAD or 3D software. Thank you Trainz for simplifying this for me. Roger D.