Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharper screeniez

Default Sharper screeniez

Thought i'd post these here, since Auran's site seems to be down at the moment.... the following are screenshots from Trainz after little LOD bias tweak...

[Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]

Default RE: Sharper screeniez

seeing how the forum is a quiet place, i guess no one will mind if i store some random shots in this thread every now and then. :p

This time, some fun with texturing....

[Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]

(the large structure in far background on second pic is the working turntable mentioned in another thread)

TucsonCoyote Guest

Great Screen Shots of those BN Box cars and Caboose (Plus is that a GP9 I see?? (Where in the world can I pick those up???)

anyway I plan to do some screen shots of the Rio Roja Railroad as soon As I get up Pass my Third Siding..

Tucson Coyote

The loco is actually an SD40-2, but there is a very nice beta of GP9 available for download at http://trainz.luvr.net I think it's made by JoshEH.

Teisco Guest

Are those actual in game shots? And, what is a Lod Bias tweak? Are they doctored or will my version look like that if I buy it?

Those Burlington box cars are better than anything I have seen in Trainz so far are they standard or custom?

Sorry for all the questions but my main problem with buying Trainz so far has been the texturing and lack of detail. If I can get that good of detail on my pc without a lot of tricks than I might go for it. (my pc will run it fine and my 21" monitor will handle 1200/1600 with no problem as that is how I run MSTS)

>Are those actual in game shots?

Yes. :) They weren't retouched in any way...as a matter of fact, it could look even better, but my machine isn't strong enough to allow me set all quality sliders to max.

>And, what is a Lod Bias tweak? Are they doctored or will my version look like that if I buy it?

LOD bias is a parameter you can set for some graphics cards, that forces them to use high resolution textures for objects over greater distance than they'd normally do.

If you have a graphics card which allows you to modify this setting (for example, nvidia geforce with latest drivers) your copy of Trainz should look the same. Actually, if you have newer card than my gf2mx, it should look even better -- new geforce models support more advanced anisotropic filtering, and higher resolution allow to set LOD bias to even higher values... all this would preserve details on textures better than my card does.

If your graphics card doesn't allow you to change this setting, Trainz will look more blurry -- you won't see that much detail on objects located farther from camera.

>Those Burlington box cars are better than anything I have seen in Trainz so far are they standard or custom?

Those are all custom...i've played with a custom boxcar skin and made some differently weathered versions of it. The SD40-2 was textured by someone else (sq1, i think) The caboose is mine (that's why it sucks so bad :p)

>Sorry for all the questions but my main problem with buying Trainz so far has been the texturing and lack of detail.

Well, you may look at it this way -- practically all well textured and detailed models for msTS are custom content, made over few months the game has been available. Trainz is very much the same, and with free good modeling program included, there should be tons of great custom stuff for it available even quicker. :)

>If I can get that good of detail on my pc without a lot of tricks than I might go for it. (my pc will run it fine and my 21" monitor will handle 1200/1600 with no problem as that is how I run MSTS)

Sounds like you have a pretty powerful computer, so i'd give it a try. :)

Hi there, love the piccies! Like the others I am curious as to where I can get my mits on some of the stock you have. I have the BN SD40-2 but would love those BN boxcars and the SNCF coaches.

Regards,
    David.

>Hi there, love the piccies! Like the others I am curious as to where I can get my mits on some of the stock you have. I have the BN SD40-2 but would love those BN boxcars and the SNCF coaches.

Thanks, glad you like them :) I got the SNCF coaches from trainz.luvr.net -- they're made by Frank Di Candia and can be found in the 'Outside Party' section of download area.

I think the original, most 'dirty' skin for BN boxcar can be found in Drucifer's reskin thread on Auran's forum. The other boxcars and the caboose...well, people seem to like them, so i guess i'll pack them together and put at trainz.luvr.net too...

Got those yummy SNCF coaches now, thanks Tolaris! :-)

Just one screenie today -- British Class 47 with default container cars...which unfortunately shows. That particular model uses low-res image maps, and as such stands out as rather blurry... oh well. It's the loco's time in the spotlight anyway. :P

[Link Expired]