Thread: Can you do this?

Teisco Guest

Default Can you do this?

Can you make large, deep, curving tresles in Trainz? Can you have a real turntable that works in Trainz? Can you get more detail than I see in the screen shots (locos have painted windows instead of open, ect)? And can you get better trees?

Thanks for your replies as I am thinking of getting Trainz.

Default RE: Can you do this?

>Can you make large, deep, curving tresles in Trainz?

I think this has been created by someone already. Check custom content library at http://trainz.luvr.net

>Can you have a real turntable that works in Trainz?

Yes, two (?) working turntables are included with the standard game, there's another types being built by people.

>Can you get more detail than I see in the screen shots (locos have painted windows instead of open, ect)? And can you get better trees?

Painted windows for default rolling stock was Auran's design decision, but there's nothing stopping developers from making them transparent in their own creations. The trees...again yes, it's a matter of modeling and texturing them better/more detailed.

Teisco Guest

Thanks for the info. I did go to the Trainzluver site and found a "Bridgepak" but the screenshot shows it in MSTS?

Nope, the screenshots come from Trainz. :) the 'old photo' one was altered with Photoshop or similar image editor, but it's Trainz, not msTS...

Teisco Guest

Ok, thanks. I just saw the steamer and knew Trainz did not have a steamer but he must have added it.

Getting very close to buying this sim.

Hentis Guest

Just stop fretting abou t uying it and go do it..... take it from a Beta Tester read my sig visit the forum buy train enjoy.

read the Faq as welll bear in mind if you have the voodoo range of video cards these are UNSUPPORTED by Auran... and thus you will have problems running Trainz.
    Also note (read Faq) that Trainz does require a rather high spec PC.

Hentis

THE FUTURES BRIGHT, THE FUTURES TRAINZ -
    www.virtualtrainz.com

FILE DELETION IS MURDER, HARD DISK FORMATTING IS GENOCIDE

Anything higher than an Athlon650 with only 196RAM and a geforce 2 mx400.. Well it will run fine as thats the system i have :)

Catchya