Thread: I would but----

Teisco Guest

Default I would but----

I thank you for all the answers to my questions about Trainz but some things bother me enough to make me wait.

1. No moving, rolling wheels.
    2. No steam.
    3. No activities.
    4. Lack of user made stuff (I know it will come)
    5. No steam (I know, but this is important)

Default RE: I would but----

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-02 AT 12:36PM (EST)[/font][p]>I thank you for all the answers to my questions about Trainz but some things bother me enough to make me wait.
    >
    >1. No moving, rolling wheels.

The moving wheels has been enabled in Trainz with the Service Pack...don't remember which one. Since the default models were made for previous version of the game, they don't support it.. but there's no reason for new vehicles to not have them.

For a sample of moving wheels in Trainz, see Auran's movies gallery, particularly the Krok movie.

>2. No steam.

This is sadly correct, there's no steam engine simulation in Trainz at the moment. Some people are working on building steamers though, so if that's the visual appearance of them that you're after... you should get your steam soon.

(i run msTS steam with automatic fireman, and find very little difference between handling them, and diesel/electrics... well, there's whole regulator/throttle thing, but a lot of people complain it makes the simulation 'complicated and not fun' so they use simplified brakes...)

>3. No activities.

Scripted activities will be part of next Trainz module, the Yardmaster. Without it, i'm afraid you're limited to inventing your own activities, and the program won't check how good you perform... but personally, i don't find it a big limitation.

>4. Lack of user made stuff (I know it will come)

Yep, it should come.. especially now that Trainz exporter for gMax has been made available.

hth. :)

Teisco Guest

Default RE: I would but----

I will say this about Trainz, it has some very nice, patient guys that will answer my redundant questions. Thanks.