Thread: Now this is how Trainz and MSTS should be discussed: "Which one do you like?"

georgi55 Guest

Default Now this is how Trainz and MSTS should be discussed: "Which one do you like?"

As you all see it's getting crazy with those people postign "MSTSvsTrainz" and who argues in that post which is better.
    So here goes a question that HAS answer. Which one do you like?
    I have them both and I can't really tell which one I like better.
    I love MSTS becuase it's more realistic and I prefer real world routes, but then Trainz got really easy layout creator
    and 3D cabs.
    Let's talk about why you like MSTS or Trainz better or which part you like over the other.
    Not some stupid VS post.
    Georgi

sas_simon Guest

Default RE: Now this is how Trainz and MSTS should be discussed: "Which one do you like?"

Well both do have their advantages and disadvantages.

The main advantages with trainz is definately the tools like surveyer and the ease of use. Another big advantage is the support that Auran give their product, they give it a personal touch and make the user feel important which i'm afraid Microsoft does not do.

The disadvantages in my mind is the graphics, they don't seem sharp and everything seems to blend into each other but the weather effects really are amazing.

The advantages to msts would have to be the graphics and the interactivity you get from doing the activities, you get to drive an early morning train from Washington to Philly passing ai traffic as you go. And the sheer size and magnitude of the landscape and the routes is breath taking, 100-200 mile routes through beautiful mountain terrain and busy cities is wonderful too.

Disadvantages would be the filesize of trainsim and its' addons, the custom made routes with custom buildings, etc can take up 500-600 megs which is quite silly. Another disadvantage is the sheer lack of support that you get from Microsoft, there the big software developer in the world and it is sad that they don't give that personal touch that a small company like auran can give to their products. And the route editor as well as some of the other editors are really designed for people with skill and the patience to spend 2-6months building a route, but when that route is done it is something to be proud of. The editors definately aren't designed for kids and people that just want a quick mess around, saying that there are some very talented kids out there that are making some awesome stuff for train sim.

sas simon
    assistant manager of the msn train sim website

Default RE: Now this is how Trainz and MSTS should be discussed: "Which one do you like?"

>And the interactivity you get from doing the activities

Auran is working on somthing that'll let you do activities :-)

cyclone1234

georgi55 Guest

BTW guys, this post is one month old and I made it when v.s. war was going on so it can bring peace,
    but people tends to like bashing others at trainsim.com and flightsim.com so no one replyed.
    I don't want to start other MSTS and Trainz thing so maybe we can forget about this post?
    Georgi

ok, no more MSTS vs Trainz :-)

cyclone1234

Default RE: Now this is how Trainz and MSTS should be discussed

I like them both... I hope that Auran makes a thing to transfer MSTS locos in to Trainz locos and To transfer Trainz Layouts into MSTS routes.

Rob