Thread: Floating Grade Crossings and Angled Grade Crossings

TucsonCoyoteUS Guest

Default Floating Grade Crossings and Angled Grade Crossings

Tucson Coyote here

Seems that Folks as of Late have been Making rather good Custom Content for Trainz and Frankly I like it Inlduing Solving problems like Floating Roads..(They Actually are not Laid Directly onto the Baseboard but float just above them in the Default Roads ..)

but like I said Folks have made Some Really Good Adjustments and we get some rather good road laying..

but now a New Problem has Arisen.. Namely at Grade Crossings..

Seems the Grade Crossings are also "Floating" and if someone can create some Crossings that Don't Float that would make the scene more realistic..

Also a Suggestion to folks out there with a Flair for Design.. How about some Angled Grade Crossings (Roads Intesecting Rails at something other than 90 Degreees..(I know of a Few Places here in Tucson that have such angled Corssings (Crossing Roads at Angles other than 90 Degrees ..

I think if someone (Or anyone for that matter) can Come up with these Custom Content Items well Let's Just say they can solve most anything..

Tucson Coyote (Now TucsonCoyoteUS)

georgi55 Guest

Default RE: Floating Grade Crossings and Angled Grade Crossings

I have no clue what you mean.
    All the objects in Trainz are automaticly sticked to the ground no matter what (yes, you can make 88% grade) unless you use gradients.
    Any screenshot?
    Georgi

dranck Guest

Zoom in real close. You'll see that the roads are actually a bit above the ground (which is why the tires on the cars appear flat maybe?)

TucsonCoyoteUS Guest

Right You are on that one..The Difference I found was about .37 difference in this also if you check out the Post elsewhere in THIS group You see what I mean..

Anyway If Someone who knows Content Creation Can Make a Matching Railroad "Grade" Crossing or a Set of then..(Something to replace the default Aurun Grade Crossings then I think It will Work Quite Nice (Also the Roads and Intersection I found are rather Good..(The person who Did those Gets Kudos For those Puls He Put In Marks so you can Add In Streetlamps And Or Parking Meters (more Kudos for that set!):-)

Tucson Coyote