Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trainz SP3 Delay

Default Trainz SP3 Delay

Woke up to an e-mail from John Banks at Trainz with news of a delay in SP3.. :-( :-) I ordered it over the weekend, and I for one am happy :-) to see they are holding it for a tech fix.. John, take your time and release when it is ready.. Lot of various MSTS add-on are released without checking them thoroughly or letting them go with some errors, even though they can usually be fixed, sometimes not... Auran is doing it right by making sure it is up to par the first time before letting it go........

Ron

Deland, FL

Default RE: Trainz SP3 Delay

I much prefer a 100% quality product and have delays in the release than an 80% product rushed to the shelves.

>Auran is doing it right by making sure it is up to par the first time
    >before letting it go........
    >
    >Ron
    >
    >Deland, FL

Auran, doint it right, making sure it's up to par the first time around. Pah, that's a laugh!!!!!!! :( If they had done it right the first time around you wouldn't need to download a 300MB patch for the game, 300MB's that's pretty much re-working the whole game. Lets take stock here a minute, first came a game for $60 that wouldn't work on 1/2 the machines out there coz it didn't support Direct X, then came SP1 and SP2 which were both large (in terms of patches) downloads. Now comes SP3 which has to be one of the largest patches for a game that I've ever seen, so let's see they've mucked it up the last 3 times, let's only hope that the 4th times a charm, so far their record is nothing to brag about.

Cheers,
    Jim.

Would you rather them be like MS and not admit it needs patching.I'd much rather have to download a few patches to get improvements than for them to completely ignore the issues.Whens the last time you saw anything from MS ?! They released one patch that didnt fix any of the major stuff just a simple tools update.People like you aggrevate me to no end.You whine when something doesnt work,then you whine even more when you have to download the patch to fix it.Get a grip already,you name one major title that's come out in the last 3 years that hasn't had a patch come out.You can't because they all do but unlike these other people Auran actually listens to it's customers.A hell of a lot of other companies should do the same.

Hey gp3084....... If you don't like it, don't use it. x( Personally, I have been using it, and enjoying it, and since the first purchase of Trainz, the upgrades haven't cost anything but a little download time..Man, what a grouch.. :-( SP3 isn't designed to do a bunch of fixin', just some fixin' thrown in with expanded features.. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, worthless as it may be.. BUT quit your belly aching, I for one don't care to listen to it.. Besides, what have you done for the community lately that is WORTHWHILE???

Cheers

Ron

Deland, FL

Is it worth while ??? Hmmm .... I think it looks good as Art...

http://www.evildarkcow.com/boweavel/...ies/RR_oil.jpg

Or as detailed as you want it :)

http://www.evildarkcow.com/trains_sc...636_render.jpg

The choice is yours.. I know mine :P

Catchya's

Hentis Guest

>>Auran is doing it right by making sure it is up to par the first time
    >>before letting it go........
    >>
    >>Ron
    >>
    >>Deland, FL
    >
    >
    >Auran, doint it right, making sure it's up to par the first
    >time around. Pah, that's a laugh!!!!!!! :( If they had
    >done it right the first time around you wouldn't need to
    >download a 300MB patch for the game, 300MB's that's pretty
    >much re-working the whole game. Lets take stock here a
    >minute, first came a game for $60 that wouldn't work on 1/2
    >the machines out there coz it didn't support Direct X, then
    >came SP1 and SP2 which were both large (in terms of patches)
    >downloads. Now comes SP3 which has to be one of the largest
    >patches for a game that I've ever seen, so let's see they've
    >mucked it up the last 3 times, let's only hope that the 4th
    >times a charm, so far their record is nothing to brag about.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Jim.

Well the patch aint 300 meg for starts. And well lets see Pretty much re-working the came you could say this but after all you could say they are bringing up Trainz to the yardmaster standards. Ie with Scripting etc etc etc....
    $60.00 you might have paid that for it I paid about 38.95 incl shipping.
    SP1 and 2 were not that large..... SP3 is large but not SP2 or 1

Hah obviously you only play microsoft games that get rarely pactched :and when they do they need patching again....by my thinking you should get another patch from MS in about 4 months time!!!!

They havent mucked it up at all. In fact as the pics above state they are making it Better than MS. So at the end of the day if you dont like Trainz take it back to te store and go and play with your MTS.

Trainz is a damn good piece of software. And its is supported at the whole by the design team.... Where on IRC can you talk to the Desingners of MSTS !!!!!! as far as I am aware no where. We are a friendly community much more than the BS that happens on the MTS forum .... you hve to go in there wearing Ablative armour......

Hentis

Hentis Guest

Hey Bow you could say that SP3 is Trainz at a new Dawn in Simming.....

Heh heh

Hentis

csx_freak Guest

no wonder you got to wear armour look at the way your talking
    your trying to put these 2 products in the same catagory and they are not in the same catagory. why all the bashing about msts anyways in here?

georgi55 Guest

>no wonder you got to wear armour look at the way your
    >talking
    >your trying to put these 2 products in the same catagory and
    >they are not in the same catagory. why all the bashing about
    >msts anyways in here?

Exactly this part of Hentis' post.
    "you hve to go in there wearing Ablative armour......"

And, freak what are you doing in this forum(Trainz)? I mean why did you even bother to come and post nonsense posts?
    Are you Trainz owener? If so have you been in trainz forums over official site?
    If so have you noticed how poeple are nice compatring to somewhere? If not I suggest you to do so and then come and post nonsense.
    AND, Trainz and MSTS are not like FS2002 and Solider of Fortune. they ARE 2 different category games, but they are both about Trains.

Georgi