Thread: NEW TRAINZ.3 - INSTALL PROBLEM

Default NEW TRAINZ.3 - INSTALL PROBLEM

Before I try to get into the Queue at AURAN-TRAINZ with this problem, and with that sort of basic Install Fault to start with, likely to be a very L O N G one, perhaps one of you knows the answer ?

Can't blame customers for losing their COOL ! After 20 years of trying to Install some Programmes, I am used to it ! ;-)

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

georgi55 Guest

Default RE: NEW TRAINZ.3 - INSTALL PROBLEM

Hmm....not really sure, but try this.
    Go to Configure Trainz, Advanced Options, and set Vertical Sinc to Auto.
    Also, posting at official forum will give you a lot more answer.
    http://www.auran.com/trainz/forum/index.php

Partition, nothing else in it and can't even get it to run, these messages being the first thing displayed after clicking on the TRAINZ Desktop Icon.

The first Error Message is referring to a Drive D: ? Nothing TRAINZ related in there, weird !

E-Mailed the Help Section at AURAN-TRAINZ but got a feeling it will be some time before I get an answer or a solution ? I'll try their FAQs now.

After doing that, had another go and got into CONFIG. Changed from 3D to OpenGL and got in !

Got the latest AMD XP 1900+ and one of the latest RADEON 8500 chip cards with DirectX 8.1, this latest Version.3 is supposed to have been released for. Perhaps this copy I got from Simware.com today is not the latest ?

georgi55 Guest

First thing is that there is only one version avaiable on retail. Thats V1.1.1. You cant buy Verison3(1.3) directly,
    you have to download and install the huge patch.(Service Pack3)
    As for your hardware, ATi in Trainz is tested and found to work but not "supported."
    Im getting a new video card this week, a 128MB GF4 Ti4200. I had enough of this Radeon 64MB DDR crap.
    I think it will take sometime for reply from them sicne John Banks is in US now.

Georgi