Thread: External Hardware CONTROLLERS

Default External Hardware CONTROLLERS

This is what I meant in one of my posts here about having one COMMON SET of BASIC Keyboard Key functions for all Major Trainsims, to avoid having to program external Hardware TS Controllers, and there will be some soon, for each Train Sim individually.

Imagine every Word Processor using it's own version of Keyboard Commands and Macros like some of them did many years ago !

My Programmable MSTS Keypad is useless for TRAINZ unless I download a TRAINZ Commands Set to it and do the same again going back to MSTS, providing of course that the TRAINZ Functions, especially the VIEW ones, match those of MSTS. Otherwise, re-label the Key Caps everytime too, or have another Pad for TRAINZ ?

You can see the problems Controller Hardware Manufacturers have even thinking about making one ?

[Link Expired]

georgi55 Guest

Default RE: External Hardware CONTROLLERS

>You can see the problems Controller Hardware Manufacturers
    >have even thinking about making one ?

No, I do not see any problem at all. I use my CH Products USB Yoke for both games and I can save and load different settings from Control Maneger.
    So its not that manufacture has problem making it. Here's an simple example for Trainz.

I got a CH-USB Yoke too and you just gave me the "How To" !

Thanks.

georgi55 Guest

You're welcome. You cna downlaod Controler Maneger from here.
    ftp://ftp.chproducts.com/pub/chcmv028.zip
    Also, here is an example map - same one as above's picture. Just load it with control maneger.
    (IE user: right click, select Save As...)
    http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milkyway-...461/Trainz.map

Georgi

georgi55 Guest

Actually, here are all the maps I got.
    Fro MSTS: Acela, Dash9, 8 notch throttle, unnoched brakes, and one map for Trainz.

Georgi