Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Official Trainz Screenshot Thread

Default RE: Official Trainz Screenshot Thread

Cool idea Danny,

PRC route by mousefart
    dd40x by cloakedghost
    screenshot by me :)

Various screenies of Trainz. All in UTC. USA content.

Tehachapi Route
    PRC Route
    Northfolfsouthern's Dash 9
    Garry Hoffman's Dash9 I think - or Andy's. Digitalroundhouse.com

Regards

AXE

Landrvr's ATSF E7s and CB&Q California Zephyr on NYOW2000's Newark Northwestern :D

/Tom (tom-sa on the Aurna forums)

Just thought I would bring this back on topic.
    Route : Axeshire
    Loco : not sure - German guy I think

Regards
    AXE

Horseshoe Curve has already been finished and is available on the Download Station.

Just look up by username "PRR001" on the DS and you will find it.

Also, a screenshot from the New York City Region Routes.

The Silver Meteor detours over the New York Central's West Shore Line near Poughkeepsie, NY.

(Mind the white color, that's my video card acting up)

I'll have to post some pix in here to get this thread going again...

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1...ocnrailjc5.gif

Here is one to start things off...Lets see if we can get this post kicking again...

An Empty Yard

Today we heard that the WC SD35 #2500 was coming back today from Minnesota so we knew that he was going to be on train T006 that will bring him thru Jct City where we were sitting but we then heard that he set out the 2500 at Owen where he did some local work and then that train T118 scheduled out of South Itasca heading for Schiller Park was to pick him up at Owen and set him out at Stevens Point for servicing and then onto Wausau...Any ways here are the pix and trains that we saw today....
    Here we are looking west towards Marshfield up towards Superior

Here we are now looking north where the line goes up to Wausau and up to Bradley and Prentice

Now we are looking east towards Stevens Point

Now we are looking south towards Wisconsin Rapids where the Weston coal trains come from

We finally see our first train for the day...Its the UP MITPR from Itasca to Proviso

It looks as though it will be doing some set outs for the Fort McCoy area

Here comes the end

We then had about a half hour gap before we seen our next train and to our surprise it was the BTWT the Weston coal loads from Black Thunder Mine

There he goes up the Valley Sub up towards Wausau

As his cars slam over the diamond you can hear his horn off in the distance

We then went for lunch over at the local bar that was like right by the tracks and then right when we got done we heard a train coming...When we ran out there I didn't get a shot of the lead unit

By the looks of it it looks like train CNPKGE CN grain empties from Hawthorne yard to Superior

After he went thru we then heard on the scanner that train T118 was in Marshfield which is like 30 or so miles to the west where our 2500 was on...As we compress the time we then see train T118 come slamming thru Jct City

And sure enuff...There was our treat for the day...The good ol WC SD35 heading for Stevens Point

As he heads for Point we then hop in our truck and took off to chase him to Point and I shot this last shot at Jct City of T118

Here we catch him at Rocky Run a few miles out of Stevens Point

Here we now see him coming into Stevens Point across the Wisconsin River

As he slows to tackle all the RR crossings in town he passes the local switch job that works the west side of Point...Train Y2492

Now we are set up at the depot where he slows way down to make the set out of the 2500

As he did the set out we then said it was time to head back home...But first we went over to the yard to see what kind of power was laying over in the yard and we seen a lot of CN

As we turned around from the engine yard we then went past the depot and caught the local coming back into the yard after switching a near by industry on the west side

As he takes his train into the yard we see another switcher hard at work shuffling cars around in the yard

As he comes up closer with his cut of cars I shot this off

A few of its cars that he was switching

And on our way home we had to go under the yard and we quick pulled over and I ran out and got this last shot for the day

Well that was our trip....Our next one will be around the Wausau area chasing the 2500 around Wausau's West side as soon as he leaves Stevens Point after doing a long check up on the unit....

Today we got a call from my friend who works in Stevens Point as a conductor and yet will be the conductor for this train...He called me around 6:00am and said you better get down here cause we are about to leave shortly on train LO17...When we got down there we went right to the depot and sure enuff...There was train LO17 with the good `ol WC SD35 #2500 trailing a WC SD45 and a SD40-2

Right when we got there we seen him hop on the train so I ran under the shelter by the depot and got the lead unit

And a shot of the 2500 notching it up on his way out of town

We then chase him to the other side of the bridge just out side of Point and we hardly got there and he was crossing the bridge already

We then saw him come across a local road almost into Jct City

Coming into Jct City now he slows way down to a good 5-10MPH as he takes the connection track to head north

Heading off the Superior Sub now and hopping onto the Valley Sub

At Knowlton crossing a bridge thats on the Lake du Bay

Here we see him coming thru the lil town of Knowlton

Set up here at Mathy where ballast trains are loaded out of this pit we see Train LO17 making its way past the pit

Now we are in Mosinee at the Mosinee Paper as train 17 passes the mill

Just out side of Mosinee we see a cold storage warehouse where they store some dairy products

Passing now the Weston 3 power plant where this plant gets served by both UP and CP coal trains

Train 17 is now passing Weyerhaeuser one of WC biggest paper mill shippers on the Valley Sub here at Rothschild

Now set up right off of HWY 29 we get a good over view of the mill

Train 17 is ducking under HWY 29

Down in Schofield now Train 17 is going over the top of Grand Ave

Coming into yard limits now we see him cross a lil trestle over the Eau Claire river

Right before you get into the yard you go past a big field where the hmongs have all there ginseng tents set up

As we get to the yard it looks as though some other RR fans are welcoming the 2500 back as well

Pulling slowly into the yard to call it a day as other RR crews are walking around the yard office where there train will be put together shortly

A shot of the 2500 back where it shall be for a very very long time...Along also sitting in the yard are 2 other units that were assigned to the Wausau area to cover for the 2500

Train LO11 is seen in the back round awaiting its crew to board so it can take its train north to Prentice

Here we get a shot of the Kraft Mill with a few box cars along side it

And last pic before we head home we took a swing past the Wausau depot in town...The one track is all gone and ripped out...The middle track is in the process of being taken out and then the main line

Well that was our trip again from Point to Wausau on chasing train LO17...Next chase will either prolly be the 2500 around town on train YO9118 or a trip up north chasing train LO11...

What one would you like to see???

Well today I got a call from an engineer that works for the Canadian Pacific out of Portage and today he was assigned to the CP coal train up to Weston so at 6am we got our gear and headed down to Jct City for the arrival of the coal train

It was just a lil after 6:30am when we heard him coming up to Jct City and when he got to the diamond I shot off a pic

Here he is heading north up to Weston

At Knowlton now he is seen crossing Lac du Bay

Coming past the Mathy gravel pit now just a few miles south of Mosinee

Here we see him now entering the gates to the Weston 3 power plant

Cut off from the loaded coal cars he pulls up to where a fuel truck is waiting for him to fill back up for the trip back down to New Lisbon the next day

Right away the Weston switcher grabs a cut of cars and starts the process of unloading them

After that we knew he was going to be here for a while so we asked him right before he got in the cab to text me on my cell phone when he would be coming back to take the empties back south...He said sure and hopped in the Astro Van and went off to the motel for the day

The next day I got a text around in the afternoon saying he is on his train and getting ready to head back down...As we got there he was right out side the gates doing his air test and getting all his track warrants all set

Before he could go he had to wait for train LO17 the local from Stevens Point to pass on by

After train 17 passed he easesd up to the switch

And threw the switch to high ball on out of the plant

We then chassed him down thru Knowlton again but this time on the other side of the bridge

And then the last time we got to see him was when he stomped over the diamond giving a friendly toot of the air horn and a wave good bye

Sure is quiet down here....Guess there won't be any trains now for a while...So we packed our stuff up and headed home...On the way home I got a text message that said..."glad to see ya again...catch ya next time"

And that ended our trip for the day...Hope you all enjoyed the pix...Till next time...What train will it be :)

And if you go here to look at a real CP Weston coal train:
    http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=27236