Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Coal v2.6 now Available

Default Heavy Coal v2.6 now Available

Hi all,

Finally, the newly-updated Heavy Coal route is now up, you can find it at the SLW Despatch Office. v3 is already 'in the works' and will feature smooth trackwork/switches and one or two other things ;)

Please also note that both M1 Matrix NVTA trains have also been updated...yeah it's been a busy week all told!

Go grab, and enjoy!

Ciao

Saxon Locomotive Works - "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer"

http://www.zodiac-infosystems.co.uk/rail/bve
    'Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana' ~Groucho Marx

Default RE: Heavy Coal v2.6 now Available

hey
    i tryed to download the route, it dosnt work

I tried too, maybe the server is swamped!

Christopher

Yeah, sorry about that, had to pull the files for a while to sort a silly marker/limit problem.... anyway all is fixed now and the files are back up... as for the SLW server getting swamped, well that's not too likely ;)

Ciao

Saxon Locomotive Works - "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer"

Downunder Tom Guest

Default RE:NVTA Train update

Wulf, tried to download the updates ypou mentioned about 6 hrs ago, but had vistors and only just was able to get back on to leave you a message.

When I downloaded them I got the old version again, did I click on the wrong spot or was it a error at your end?

Tom

Just tested this new version up to zzloop and it has impressive graphics,a nice work of restoration.
    ps
    hey! no air brakes :'(

Thanks for the nice words, more is to come ;)

If you want an old-style air brake, I can fit one back on for you, but the train would be harder to keep to time on account of the now-higher linespeed and therefore the requirement to have more powerful and faster-reacting brakes, you would have a hard time with a single-step straight-air type I reckon... of course if you use Bve 2.3.1 you have a progressive air brake which makes life a little easier. The new linespeeds are to take account of future traffic, which *might* include passenger service from a station near the Coalex depot. However, I would like to have a mini-poll here in this topic, so the question is :-

"Can you nominate your preferred favourite American diesel engine that would realistically work this line on coal freight?"

...bearing in mind Alcos were built under license in Australia by Goodwin, amongst others, so anything they made could be 'imported' or even built natively... unless you get really outrageous and suggest we throw timescales out the window and put a brace of SD70's on there :)

LMK what your thoughts are :)

Ciao

I'm the master of single-step straight-air :+
    so no problem with air for me.
    I like so much single-step air that I have self modified some locos ( ej cl101 incl. press.meter),
    also if you are too busy I can modify myself the brakes part of your brand-new CO-CO,
    I wonder if I can make a key wrapper program to ease one step air braking with non 2.3 bve.
    and the mini poll ,I really don't know American locos so I can 't answer,
    perhaps suggest if it 's possible with bve get the sound of two diesel in
    tandem ?

Hi Frog3,

If you look on the SLW page I have already mentioned mixed double-headers, so watch these spaces :)

*BUMP*

Need more feedback, people, how is the route and train working for you?

Ciao

Downunder Tom Guest

I can now see why everybody wanted it, its great, gave it a quick run ... but must do a full run from end to end soon.

As for the brakes there correct accordinbg to Locomotives of Australia By Leon Oberg page 222, the 46 class is powered by 2 motor-generator sets driving 6 traction motors and produce 3,780 HP(Higest in Australia) and all have regenerative bracking a device reverses generator field thus acting as a retarding force. It can hold a 590 ton load at 25 MPH on a 1:33 grade.

Pretty good I think.

Thank you Wulf_9 and I hop the information is intresting.

Tom