>understanding,but eventually I got an acceptable
    >result.Somebody will have to explain just what these
    >numbered colour codes mean.
    >
    >If you're interested,try these files as a replacement in
    >your "Object\Milngavie\Tunnels" folder.Back up your old
    >files first,but if it works for you as it does for me,you
    >can delete the old ones.Happy simming.

I won't say your presumptious as everyones entitled to their own opinion. All I ask is if you have any enquiries about the route IE objects and other things please ask through PM on this site. Please don't edit the files as they have a copyright at the beginning and I know what you mean and you mean well but I included the readme in the downloads so that if you want to alter you follow the instructions. Any other help , drop a mail.

Thanks

Default RE: Milngavie Tunnels

Hi Larkie,

I'm the principle author of the X-City tunnels and catenary, could you possibly show me a screenshot of these purple areas around the OHLE supports which you've seen?

Depending on your video card there should be nothing more than a very fine grey outline around the visible parts of the cantilever texture, or no outline at all. Both the oringal versions and the edited versions look identical on my machine apart from the very slightly darker brickwork and cantilever assembly.

Cheers,
    Anthony.
    --
    www.railsimroutes.co.uk
    www.bvetrains.co.uk
    www.railsimroutes.co.uk/bvehelp/

Hi AB,

Just seen your vid of X-City 1.2... all I can say is, you're a f*cking genius ;)

Ciao

Saxon Locomotive Works - "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer"

http://www.zodiac-infosystems.co.uk/rail/bve
    'Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana' ~Groucho Marx

>Anyway enjoy the pics.

Hey! Looks like you going to crash onto the wall...

The tunnel looks very narrow to me?

Larkie,

I'm afraid I can't be sure what the cause is myself - it's an odd problem! I've never encountered it on my routes and I haven't encountered it on Mark's route either, so I can't really experiment to find out the specific cause.

Cheers,
    Anthony.
    --
    www.railsimroutes.co.uk
    www.bvetrains.co.uk
    www.railsimroutes.co.uk/bvehelp/

No sweat Anthony,I've been fumbling about some more,using BRR to experiment with different locos through the tunnels.

I'm new to BVE,IE I know next to nothing about construction etc.,but there seems to be another interesting effect,depending what loco is used.I got a reddish\purple box round the overheads using the Class30 steamer.This leads me to speculate that there's some sort of interaction between the transparent window of the loco and the normally transparent box(decal?)enclosing the catenary,depending on the loco.I can get green shades too.

Still,I've optimised this effect to a minimum,as you can see from the pictures posted before,for the default locos used on this route.

Who knows,perhaps my graphics is at fault,but I don't see how,as no other route shows anything like this.I think we'll let it lie,as nobody else seems to have a problem,and it's working fine for me now with my modifications.

If anybody else has a clue,don't keep quiet.

Default Milngavie Tunnels

I hope the author won't judge me presumptious,but I've been playing around with some files,to try to get rid of purple areas around the tunnel catenaries.

To be honest,I was only playing around,with a minimum of understanding,but eventually I got an acceptable result.Somebody will have to explain just what these numbered colour codes mean.

If you're interested,try these files as a replacement in your "Object\Milngavie\Tunnels" folder.Back up your old files first,but if it works for you as it does for me,you can delete the old ones.Happy simming.

Thanks for the info Anthony.This is the only route that shows this blue\purple effect.See the screenshots "Before" and "After".

These same files seem to work in the Birmingham route with no problems,so why is Milngavie different?

I have no graphic problems with my other routes either.

The points are noted copyright wise,though I wasn't intentionally stepping on anybody's toes.

It's my personal opinion that altering figure within a file doesn't alter the author's rights,especially if it improves the effect on one's own machine.If such a tweak can help others with similar problems,so what I only posted it for interests sake.

Anyway enjoy the pics.