Thread: Sound Problems

Default Sound Problems

Hi everybody. I recently downloaded the latest drivers for my c-media AC-97 on-board sound from the windows update site. They work fine except with BVE! The problem is that the motor sounds "stutter" and there is some additional distortion.(Sorry can't describe it any better than that!) My system is; Ge-Force 2 MX-400 64mb with latest drivers, directx 9b, Athlon 1800XP with 512RAM. Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems and can suggest a fix, if not i'll roll back to my old drivers. Don't want to ruin those authentic sounds! Thanks for any help

Default RE: Sound Problems

I had this problem too... I called it "the loud alien noise", with every route, other then Mackoy's Uchibo!

My video card is a NVidia GeForce4 MX 440 and the problem was cured
    installing the latest ForceWare 71.84 drivers by NVidia (released about 15 days ago) - the previous version 66.93 produced a system hanpup (with reboot and system's restore) ramdomly...

This is the direct link to the FTP download folder on NVidia site:
    ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/71.84/
    You have to download the correct file, according with your version of Windows.

Luigi Cartello
    http://bve.altervista.org/
    http://web.tiscali.it/lcartello/

Default RE: Sound Problems

I'm affraid i've got the latest graphics drivers, which worked fine with my old sound drivers. It seems to be the new sound drivers that are causing the problem. Think i'll just roll back to my old sound drivers which worked fine anyway.

Thanks for your help