Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UP 1982 and CNW 8646

Default RE: UP 1982 and CNW 8646

Can't see it. Too Dark..

Really..

hehe, looks like the first photo i ever took. a Conrail C40-8W taken around 5:00 in the evening in November. All you can see is a big, dark blue silhouette of a locomotive, and the "can opener" logo, and reflective frame stripe reflecting brightly off the camera flash. I wonder where that photo went..... My friend saw it, and thought it was a ghost or something. hahaha

>hehe, looks like the first photo i ever took. a Conrail
    >C40-8W taken around 5:00 in the evening in November. All you
    >can see is a big, dark blue silhouette of a locomotive, and
    >the "can opener" logo, and reflective frame stripe reflecting
    >brightly off the camera flash. I wonder where that photo
    >went..... My friend saw it, and thought it was a ghost or
    >something. hahaha
    This is why I do not like posting my photos on here netivie or not helpfull or no comments at all.You can see it its right there....I do not know if your comments on my post are helpfll or not..... ALL I ask for is good coments not neitvie or discurageing coments,I feel kinda discurraged now with all your comments about this photo.

Todd
    Perry Sub
    Trackwork-98%
    Scenery- 1%
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9...ShowLetter.jpg

Todd, the shot lacks everything. All you see is the scotch lite tape shining from the flash. Unless one is to look very close, they would think that it is nothing more than a standard UP Wings unit, as its hard to see any other identifiers of the locomotive, even when brightened in photo shop.

A Helpful comment is what you want, although this my not seem as helpful as you'd hope, but if you want to get decent feedback, post decent shots. Im not one for night shots unless in a well lit area in which the object is well illuminated and visible. Had there been light, this could have been a decent shot, but for me not being a UP fan and knowing the heritage units like the back of my head, I look at the shot and go "oh look UP wing unit..." and yes, one who knows what they are looking at will note the MP logo in the middle of the wings, but those who dont will more than likely miss it.

We all take good shots, and with every good shot is a dud. I choose to not post my dud shots unless its something semi in focus and out of the ordinary (Ex. being the amtrak car in the rain... not my best shot but im not a rainy day low light person, and thought i'd share it with everyone seeing as it is in odd paint).

>ALL I ask for is good coments not neitvie or discurageing coments

You cant choose what people will post about your shots. I get comments on mine that I dont always agree with, but I didnt post it, and cant do anything about it. If you wish to post photos, you must expect both positive and negative feedback. As I said I agree with the above comments and dont find them as offensive as I do truthful.

Cheers,

Jason Underwood
    Newport News, Virginia
    CSX Peninsula Sub MP.16
    [email protected]
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/jay611/BCRSig.jpg

>This is why I do not like posting my photos on here netivie or not >helpfull or no comments at all.You can see it its right there....I >do not know if your comments on my post are helpfll or not..... ALL >I ask for is good coments not neitvie or discurageing coments,I feel >kinda discurraged now with all your comments about this photo.

I wasn't making fun of your photo at all. If that's how it sounded, that's not how it was meant. I was saying I've had similar results. They aren't bad photos, anything can be considered art. I can draw a black dot on a piece of paper and call that art. In fact my photo had worse results than yours. In yours I can tell it's a train, in mine it looks like a streak on a photo of a black piece of paper. I didn't mean to discourage you.

Default Deleted message

No message

Default UP 1982 and CNW 8646

the team of 1982 and 8646 are in charge of the east bound CBPR (council bluffs Iowa Proviso yard) passed through odgen iowa about 17:30 this eve This is the first site of the 1982 that ive had

Todd
    Perry Sub
    Trackwork-98%
    Scenery- 1%
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9...ShowLetter.jpg

Todd, comments tend to give advice and things to improve upon. Use comments to your advantage and try some new things next time; build upon you're photography. Instead of looking at how a comment was stated, look at it as 'what can it do to help my photography?'
    Nick O'Dell

It's frustrating when you finally get to see a locomotive "Star" and it's dark or going away from you. I've been trying to catch the UP1996 SP Heritage unit thru my hometown here in Oregon and haven't caught it yet but have seen the rear of it's train leaving town (found out later it was in the consist from another blog). Stick with it and you will get that great daylight shot we all will be proud to have.