Thread: Overcast in Macon

Default Overcast in Macon

I had thought that the 509 was surrounded by 6 feet of chainlink, but I found that wasn't the case. According to a post on RRPictureArchives, this was the last steamer on the Central.

Those are not this years holiday lights.

I have close ups for the air compressors on the fireman's side, and the feedwater pumps on the engineer's side, if anyone were interested.

The other side of the tender is identical, even to the rerailing frog above the rear truck.

Yes, having lightbulbs on a static display like this is against the rules, in Middle Georgia, and vandals merrily enforce that rule.

As I was driving around, I came across a small yard, by Cherokee Brick Company. I don't know if they get the clay shipments in hoppers anymore, but boxcars seemed most prevalent, and a few two bay hoppers were around.

Default RE: Overcast in Macon

I don't know what the third digit of the car number is, I didn't notice that I couldn't see it until I was back here.

At first, I thought that the 'scrap' designation may be for what is to be loaded into it, but, later I saw a boxcar marked the same way. So, I guess it's fate, rather than job.

I'll share the originals if anyone is interested.

James