Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flatcars with modern miltary equipment?

Default Flatcars with modern miltary equipment?

Hi All,

I'm new to the forums and I don't know if this has been asked before. If it has been asked before then my apologies. From some of the replies I have seen when a newbie ask redundat questions I ask that you not try to snap my head off please.

I saw a Military train a couple of months back when I went through Vickburg, MS that was heading east toward Monroe, LA. I thought it would be nice to be able to build a modern day miltary train. I have seen a few military items in the library and enjoy those quite a bit. Only I can't seem to find any flat cars with modern day miltary equipment (ie..modern tanks, rocket carriers, and various other modern day military trucks). I don't have the expertise or software to create models like this so if someone could tell me were I could find them I would apreciate it. Thanks:)

David Murphy

Rock Island and Missouri Pacific in my heart Always

Default RE: Flatcars with modern miltary equipment?

Dave,

There is one piece fitting what you describe in the FL already. Search under TTX. Once you search, this should be one of your 5 results:

Hope this helps
    Thomas J Pearce

Broadway Limited Locomotive Works
    Come see our Railworks rolling stock

Thanks Thomas.:) I already have this one and I enjoy it very much. More than anything I'm looking for some modern tanks and military transport trucks on flats.

Yea that would be cool to see...also with M1 tanks
    BNSF Oklahoma

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...untitledkl.jpg

Yea that would be cool to see...also with M1 tanks
    BNSF Oklahoma

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...untitledkl.jpg

Yeah and then make an ATSF Extra Train over Cajon with like 10 SD40s and other CC engines and three cabooses! :+
    Cheers,
    Sebastian

I would like to see some M-48 tanks to do some activities using F-7's over ATSF tracks. i took some screen shots from the Pentrex Dvd ATSF across Arizona where several military cars were at the back of a pig train. There were only water carriers and APC's on the train. Any one wanting the shots I will be glad to send them when I get back home in a couple of days.

Bob Edwards

I would like to see some M-48 tanks to do some activities using F-7's over ATSF tracks. i took some screen shots from the Pentrex Dvd ATSF across Arizona where several military cars were at the back of a pig train. There were only water carriers and APC's on the train. Any one wanting the shots I will be glad to send them when I get back home in a couple of days.

Bob Edwards

Bob Edwards

I have not tried it, but it should be possible to take a military model that has been exported as a .s and add it to a flatcar using FreightAnim in the wag file.

I noticed that BNSF's new railfan security program specifically includes in their guidelines: "Do not take photographs of military trains and equipment". OK, since I think their program is good idea and good for railfan relations, I'll go along with that, but it seems a bit pointless. I guess there could be some super-secret weapons riding uncovered on open load flat-cars.

Ron
    http://www.railwaystation.com