Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: want new horns?

Default want new horns?

just wondring, before i start the project, is there a demand for specialty horns? i'm planning on trying to put together a collection of high quality horn recordings including.....

Nathan: M3, M5. P3, P5, P5LAC. K3LA, K3H, K5LA, K5H, K5HL, K5LLA

Leslie: RS-3LR, RS-3J, RS5T, S2M, A-200-156 (single note for early GPs, and F&E units)S3BJ (early PRR u-boats)

Prime: 920, 990

Wabco: E2-B1

i don't want put my time in to this if no one wants it. i kinda want about 10(+) requests before i start it. I have permission from websites to use their recordings to do this. if you want sampels these are the websites i'm gonna get my samples from

http://www.dieselairhorns.com/collection.html

http://www.trainweb.org/mdamtrak199/horns.html

http://trainhorns.net/index.html

http://atsf.railfan.net/airhorns/ (five chime horn consultants)

if you want a list of what recordings i'm using from which websites, just e-mail me. [email protected] (that's with a zero)

Default RE: want new horns?

An excellent idea, good luck!

I wish to have them. :)

You've got my vote.-Jeffrey

Sounds like an awesome idea!

Awesome! I want an RS5T for Guilford! Is that what they use? :)
    Stephen Arata.

To help speed up the time on some of the horns, do you want me to post them on Train-sim as individual horns, or as one big package, or both? I still six more requests for the horns. if i do it as seperate up loads the first horns to be completed will be

Nathan: K5LA, K5H, M3

Leslie: RS-3J, RS-3L

I hope to get them done by the end of August. sorry about the delay, I have about 5 other projects going on, and a personal life other than trains. (i know i'm not the only one) so what do you all want me to do? seperate files, all together, both?

i also forgot to answer an above question, Guilford did use the S-5T-RR on their ex-NW GP40's but i wasn't going to do one of these horns. The RS-5T would be a close match but just a bit deeper sounding. A P5 would also work. other horns that Guilford use/used are a S-3L (again slightly higher sound than the RS-3L) and i think they had some M3's on their old SD40s. I haven't a clue what's on a SD26 though, although it's either an S-3L or a P3 horn. hope this all helps.

I would gladly give you recordings of this, but I still need to order some new gaskets and the last power chamber still needs to be reconfigured.
    :)

BTW, talk to Nick O'Dell and Mike Mullins. Nick has a newer Nathan K5LA and Mike has an S-25, RS-3L, and a Prime 990...they've got some recordings of their stuff you might like to take a look at for use in the pack.-Jeffrey

really it's ok. thank you anyway, but i have found excelent recordings of the above mentioned horns. I wasn't planning on doing an S-25 but if you would like me to, I'll give it a shot. I'm doing the "higher demand" horns first, the one's that are most common (ie: RS-3L, K5LA, K3H, RS-5T, and P5.) if you would like a list of the horn websites i posted them in the first post of this thread. Any way the above horn is a P5 or an RS-5T (they look alot alike). which ever it might be, i was going to do both of them.