Thread: Older Gp's

Default Older Gp's

Would somebody create some older GP's and SD's and switchers in Louisiana & Delta colors the ( L&D ) and create some rolling stock of the same such as some sugarcane wagons- all those are is old chip cars used for sugarcane service.Thanks

Default RE: Older Gp's

Well I'm gonna be building a bunch of high detailed first generation EMDs and ALCOs. They aren't too railroad specific. Send me a private message if you want to know what I'm doing.

GP7u's? :P

Jason Underwood
    Newport News, Virginia
    CSX Peninsula Sub MP.16
    [email protected]

[a
    href="http://www.tomcat-sunset.org/"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/jay611/OneLastTimeBaby.jpg[/a]

either lowhood GP7's or GP9's would do,thanks

Wrong builder there ace...

Not even close to a GP / SD

Jason Underwood
    Newport News, Virginia
    CSX Peninsula Sub MP.16
    [email protected]

[a
    href="http://www.tomcat-sunset.org/"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/jay611/OneLastTimeBaby.jpg[/a]

Ok I guess you all want me to list it out here and not in a private message. so here goes.
    GP7, GP9, GP18, GP20
    SD7, SD9, SD24,

These will be released one at a time by engine, and each one will have the following types in each set. I'm using the SD9 for an example. The kit will include a highnosed SD9 no d/b, high nosed w/ d/b, low nosed without d/b, low nosed with d/b.

I'm not getting railroad specific, just the basic versions. Nothing of the above is yet started, just in the planning stages. I'll let you all know when. Also all other projects are post-poned because no info could be pulled off of my old hard-drive. So I have one thing to say to all of you with projects under-way, finished or just in the planning stages.......

MAKE MULTIPLE CD/FLOPPY DISC BACKUPS!!!!!

have a good week all.

Evilkat:

Do you want ACTUAL LDRR locomotives?? are are you after fictional units?

Their roster includes CF7s (orange-yellow-black), GP9r (or GP10) same scheme, GP 9r (or GP10) in red-silver-blue, a GP 38 "Utah Railway" among other things. I know of no six-axle power on the LDRR roster. All are rebuilds/low hoods. No SD9, no high hoods. LDRR is not a long-time name in south Louisiana railroading--they emerged after SP got rid of its branch lines in the 1980s. When the SP ran on these branches, there were RSD-5s and SW9s. Note that in loder times, the locos would have had numbers appropriate for T&NO, not SP.

I know of little or no rolling stock that carries the LDRR reporting marks. One good site for you to check out is Lee Gautreaux's "Railgoat"--he has a substantial section on LDRR that would cover wagons as well as engines.

I have done LDRR's CF-7 1502 (it's only mediocre--was one of my first repaint attempts). Almost finished, and much neater, is LDRR GP-10 1851 (in Mountain Laurel livery). LDRR's GP-10 1851 is forthcoming (but not until October, probably). I'll be posting Mountain Laurel to Train-Sim very soon, as soon as I fine tune a few of the colors. I've limited myself to prototype units, and based my paints on my personal photographs.

By any chance, does your UP Lafayette Sub reach far enough to include the Timber Rock Railroad in DeRidder (or is it DeQuincy--never could keep those two straight)? I've got a black/yellow WAMX GP40-2W that would be VERY appropriate, and am working on a red/black SD40-2 (but neither of these is ready for Train-Sim distribution--permission issues)

Perhaps some colloboration is possible here?

Wayne

Yes I'm including Deridder because the Timber Rock does the switching at Boise Cascade and Mead Westvaco I see they're Sw1200 at Westvaco all the time when I go up there to get loaded (I'm a truck driver)

The reason I'm including that part is I'm running the rail for the KCS to go up to Fort Polk, and west out of Deridder for the TIBR because that is the old ATSF line that still runs to Mauriceville Tx.

And your ? about using LDRR, I want actual locos that the LDRR has.

I appreciate your reply.

I built a GP7 out of Dave Dandy's freeware TSM model some 3 years ago. It's a roof tank model in WABASH at this time. It's on my free page at www.mstsgmo.com in the WABASH section.
    GM&O SIMULATIONS
    www.mstsgmo.com