Thread: North Conway Scenic

Default North Conway Scenic

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing some North Conway Scenic equitment. You can find some pics here, http://www.railpictures.net/showphot...7C%7C%7C%7C%7C

Default RE: North Conway Scenic

I got a few in the works down the line. the ex MEC GP9 will be first.

Alright...Sounds good...Would you do just engines or would you also go ahead and make some cars to go with them?

Ha, this is in my back yard. ok not really, I live just south of concord NH. Also I must point out to the above post, the 573 is not a GP9, but actually a GP7. MEC never bought any of their own GP9s, but owned one, a second-hand ex- Algoma Central, rebuilt by Morrison- Knudsen. It was repowered with a 1750hp Sulzer engine. It's number was 450. I don't think it existed through Guilford. But 573 is a special locomotive. it wore a maroon paint scheme, when it was repainted green and yellow. It was wrecked on October 28th, 1981. then it was rebuilt, and repainted into another coat of maroon, and returned to service in 1983. It became the second locomotive to wear Guilford gray, and for awhile was lettered for Delaware and Hudson. Now it wears yet it's third coat of maroon paint. I have a photo of the 573 in St. Johnsbury Vermont the night before the accident, somewhere around here in my house. Private Message me if you want to know more about the Accident. anyway going back to the original post, I had the 573 planned, when I build my GP7s, and about 10 other GP7s in MEC paint.

I used to live in Colebrook, NH...So I was about an hour from North Conway...I was about 20 from the paint shops though =D

i see the engine every day

i live 25-40 feet away from the tracks

:D

Nice...Could you try to get some pics of the cars... I did have some, but I think I lost the CD they were all on. One of my friends said he could do the cars if he got some pics.
    Thanks
    Pat

Well I'm headed up that way this weekend, I'll see what I can do.

me two

i might not have them on soon cuz i dont have the drive for the ditital camra

i got HO scale pics

besides the dining car

where did you get thecars from, or are those custome paints?