Thread: EMD SD80MAC Sounds

Default EMD SD80MAC Sounds

Can anybody provide a sound pack of CUSTOM EMD 710G3B sounds and a extremely accurate SD80MAC model too would be appricated, I seen two of them with a small 96 car train weighing in a little over 5K tons and I just loved it, thanks!

Default RE: EMD SD80MAC Sounds

Streamlines featured a very nice model of the SD80MAC authored by Danny Beck. I think you can still get it free from their website, www.streamlines.ca

I added a cabview for an SD90MAC, which I downloaded from the Train-sim file library.

As for sounds, I've been looking for these too. So far, the closest (albeit not perfect) thing I found was to use an SD45 sound pack.

I've seen the MAC's back in the days of Conrail, and they sure are impressive!

hello. if you can give me a proper e-mail address to, well, e-mail you at, I can help you out. I've included a sample with it.

EDIT: also, right now you can't download the Streamlines SD80MAC right now. It's in the forums, which are temporarily down.

MLT's 710 sounds are what you need, they're included with the NS Pack, Cascades, and the UP pack.

The 710G is a 16 cylinder in the 70s, and a 20 cylinder in the 80s; using the 710G sounds from MLT would be correct... just like using say SD40 sounds in an SD45... same prime mover, just 4 more cylinders. Only sound difference is just alittle more "rumble"

-Jeffrey

I like their sounds, but these are recorded directly from a Union Pacific SD60M. E-mail me for a sample. They are fantastic.

The only problem with the MLT sounds is the lack of any kind of blending between RPM levels. I have yet to hear a 710 engine that went directly from idle to notch 8.

I did some tweaked SMS files for the Cascades Crossing 710, and have attached them here - they should work - differing horn filenames notwwithstanding - with any of the above mentioned MLT 710 sounds.

[Link Expired]

Those sms files work, and work well when I tested them with MLT's SP SD70Ms - the distinctive EMD-engine rise and fall when throttling up and down was there. I especially liked the effect with two other EMD AI locos in the consist (GP60 and an SD40T-2) with their engines throbbing at higher RPMs.